Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See kroetche's Items on eBay

Im Sorry for the Rant..BUT PEOPLE NEED TO LEARN TO SHIP CARDS

I have been buying lots of young guns lately and buying them in bulk. For the most part everyone has been pretty good but this week I had two packages come in damaged. One had over 60 yg's and there was no top loaders...NONE... NO PENNY SLEEVE, JUst all of them wrapped in a team bag all corners exposed. I know im paying only $1 for each card but seriously if im shelling out $60+ I want my cards protected. I now had about 35 young guns with rounded corners.

Anyways I got another package today and again there was about 50-60. They were in two team bags side by side with ONE toploader laying on top of both stacks. So only 50% covered then a MASSIVE AMOUNT of the big roll of Scotch tape all around the cards both ways. NEWS FLASH*** TApe doesnt protect card. So now i have to carefully take a knife and try to cut this tape off with out cutting the 50 cards....o did i mention they had one top loader protecting the cards...no penny sleeves just a team bag with massive amount of tape. EVERY SINGLE CARD had corners exposed. Hey I know its expensive to put every card in a toploader, and im not expecting it even though it happens quite a bit. All Im asking is buy some of those thick toploaders and stick 10 in each or make a stack of them and put the top loader the same way the cards are going...one in the front and one in the back. then tape

I know its a hobby and i shouldnt get this mad but why cant we take care of each others stuff.

Am I way out to lunch on this??? I know they are only $1 but when over $50 of what I have spent this week comes in with rounded corners how do I leave positive feedback.

I love this site and this isnt going to make me stop using it, I guess i need to be very specific when I make trades in how I want them shipped even though 95% of members on here respect there stuff or recently traded stuff.

your opinions???

Thanks Eric

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Dallas Stars Dallas Cowboys Florida Gators
    See Mrp08tl's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

I am with you. Especially if you are trading with a member from here. No excuse not to package the cards correctly.

I have been buying lots of young guns lately and buying them in bulk. For the most part everyone has been pretty good but this week I had two packages come in damaged. One had over 60 yg's and there was no top loaders...NONE... NO PENNY SLEEVE, JUst all of them wrapped in a team bag all corners exposed. I know im paying only $1 for each card but seriously if im shelling out $60+ I want my cards protected. I now had about 35 young guns with rounded corners.

Anyways I got another package today and again there was about 50-60. They were in two team bags side by side with ONE toploader laying on top of both stacks. So only 50% covered then a MASSIVE AMOUNT of the big roll of Scotch tape all around the cards both ways. NEWS FLASH*** TApe doesnt protect card. So now i have to carefully take a knife and try to cut this tape off with out cutting the 50 cards....o did i mention they had one top loader protecting the cards...no penny sleeves just a team bag with massive amount of tape. EVERY SINGLE CARD had corners exposed. Hey I know its expensive to put every card in a toploader, and im not expecting it even though it happens quite a bit. All Im asking is buy some of those thick toploaders and stick 10 in each or make a stack of them and put the top loader the same way the cards are going...one in the front and one in the back. then tape

I know its a hobby and i shouldnt get this mad but why cant we take care of each others stuff.

Am I way out to lunch on this??? I know they are only $1 but when over $50 of what I have spent this week comes in with rounded corners how do I leave positive feedback.

I love this site and this isnt going to make me stop using it, I guess i need to be very specific when I make trades in how I want them shipped even though 95% of members on here respect there stuff or recently traded stuff.

your opinions???

Thanks Eric

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kessel_fan_87's Items on eBay

good post, i made 5 trades in the last couple days and i hope mine aren\t damaged

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See the_hockeycouple's Items on eBay

I'd have a very hard time leaving positive feedback for that. And a big part of me would want a refund. If you do end up leaving positive feedback, you should make note of the lousy shipping. I wouldn't want to deal with that person.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ray_collectibles's Items on eBay

lol, pressure is on for me I guess.

I understand where your coming from, I never understood the tape thing, I hate wasting 20 minutes trying not to cut my cards but cut useless amount of tape.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah I try to make sure my stuff is all safe, not worth ruining stuff.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

my shipping practise is
    1.card into soft sleeve
    2. card goes into top loader, size depends in the card or cards
    3. top loader goes into team bag or small bag that hold toploaders
    4.team bag goes into bubble envelope and is shipped out.

have done this since the start and have never had a card received that was damaged
    just wish all traders would take the time to make sure all cards are well protected

thanks just my 2 cents on this topic

jim

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Buffalo Sabres Colorado Avalanche
    Twitter: @@DGeschwender See metalica7's Items on eBay Upper Deck ePack

99% of the time I use sleeve, top loader, team bag, unless its just a single card that's only like a $8 YG or insert, then I'll do penny sleeve, top loadeder, and a SMALL piece of tape on the top.

I can't stand loads of tape, its so annoying

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    UCB (114)
    Country

I hear ya
    I try to use just as little a piece of tape as necessary

what I hate even more than tape is when the top loaders are just put into the bubble envelope and not even sealed at the top or put into a bag
    the cards usually slip out a bit and I have rec cards that have dinged corners and such
    and of course the worst is someone who uses PWE (plain white envelope)
    this happens more on Ebay and that sucks, especially when you pay anywere from 4-6 for shipping

just my little rant

thanks
    jim

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Defaultlie's Items on eBay

I'm going to disagree a little bit with the shipping sentiment here. If I have a large lot of cards to ship, I'm not going to put every one in a soft sleeve and top loader. My standard way of shipping large lots is single out any particularly expensive cards if there are any and put those in soft sleeves and top loaders. The rest go in a hard plastic case. with decoys lining the top and bottom and maybe some soft plastic to act as a buffer. I'll then tape the case shut to prevent it from opening, put it in a box, surround it with paper or something else to keep it secure and seal it up.

As a seller who has over 1,000 positive feedback between here and ebay, I would hardly consider this sub-standard. Especially when nowadays buyers expect you to ship everything for as inexpensive as possible. If a buyer wants every card in a lot in a top loader or some other specific request, the buyer should make that aware from the beginning and be prepared to pay more to compensate the seller for the time and resources this will cause. If I'm making .73 per card on a lot I know is going to turn around and get flipped, I'm not going to be too thrilled to go above and beyond to help the flipper make more money...

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast