Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See jrforcefan's Items on eBay

Getting the royal treatment...

Yesterday, the family went to Perrysburg, OH to the Richard Petty autograph signing at the locla Best Buy. I knew that this was going to be good...I got up earlier than expected and my wife was raring to go (a first).

We got there at 3:30 PM for the 7 PM start time. We made small talk with other fans and Lauren had a lot of fun giving new appliances a tryout. We even saw a fan bring in his version of Petty's famed STP Grand Prix at the front door...here is a pic of Lauren with the car.

At 7:00, Richard came into the front door and did a little Q&A with the local media. After that, he went and sat down next to a table on a stool (never seen that before--wonder it other drivers should try this at their signings) and posed for pictures and signing anything with a 43 on it.

When Angie and Lauren got there, they got there hero cards signed and a pic of them with Richard. When Lauren heard his voice, she realized that it was The King for Disney's Cars. The look on her face was priceless!!!

Then it was my turn...got my 1:24 signed on the hood (eschewing my silver Sharpie on the hood policy) and a pic as well. Here as the pics of the shoot...

and of course, the autos we got:

One last thing...Angie was so jazzed about getting the auto that she said that I would not be getting this card for my collection. YIKES!!! Another first!!!

Thanks for looking, Alex

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome story! Its soo cool when the signers don't sit behind the table. Says alot about how they like to interact with their fans!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome man. The king is so nice in person.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tmorrow1957's Items on eBay

Awesome story Alex!! Congrats on the SWEET autos! Thanks for sharin with us!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See akedhead's Items on eBay

Very awesome and cool thread name!