Emmitt tells SI last year was frustrating

What an !
    This guy is suppose to be all class. Last year had too much drama? It was all you and the selfishness - all he wanted was the record he didn't give a damn about winning as long as he had the record. I just lost a lot of respect for emmitt. he hasn't hit the line like he use to - a lot of people say he didn't want to get hurt and not get the record.
    I hope the cowboys break his knee and put him out when they play him - no i don't hope he gets hurt but i would like to see him run for like 15 yards in the game.Emmitt speaks to SI

I love this line:
    It felt like being a diamond surrounded by trash...
    Let me tell you something Emmitt... you were no diamond yourself last year. 975 yards ain't nothin' to write home about. Even James Stewart, who played in the pass-happy WCO, on a worse team then the Cowboys, and who didn't play in all 16 games due to injuries, still managed to break the 1,000 yard mark.

Perhaps a Citrine, maybe a Garnet. But no diamond.
    "It was just a mental grind," Smith told the magazine about the season, according to the Morning News. "When I got the record, it was like God said, 'I'm going to give you one moment this year.' "
    Hmmm... ever thing what it must've been like for your team mates? Couldn't've you graciously stated: "Ya know, it was a tough year for all the Cowboys, but at least I had my moment in the sun. I feel bad for my team mates that we weren't able to put together a better year..."

My respect for Smith has taking a bit of a drop over this piece.

heheheheeh...I have never liked Emmitt, ever since I found out years ago that he kept all his touchdown balls so he can sell it in his sports shop in Tallahassee, FL.

When you have made over $75M, you have an obligation to pay respect to your teammates and the fans by giving them your touchdowns (not all, since you naturally want to keep a few).

I cannot wait for the Cowboys to play Emmitt. I couldn't believe these statements made by him.

i remember hearing about him keeping all his touchdowns but i think he was going to sell them for charity or something.

he use to have a store in pensacola (where he was from) where he showcased all the balls - i think the majority of them he sold withthe proceeds going to charity

really? can it be confirmed that all proceeds from his touchdown footballs went to charity?

I say that you give the TD balls to your teammates, to the fans, or even to charity.

But to keep it, sell it and keep the money (esp. when you're making millions for the past 14+ years) is just plain bad sportsmanship.

But, if indeed, Emmitt donated the proceeds to charity, then I take back what I said.

My bad!

i don't mind playing 1 and i mean 1 season for a personal stat but dont go complaining about this and that suck it up man if i had that much money i probally wouldnt complain for the rest of my life