Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Except in the majority of states with almost no gun laws there is still a higher rate of gun violence

I don't have the time to crunch the numbers but I am sure that the pendulum would swing both ways.

Also, comparing Texas to California is a bit off. Texas has issues with drug/gun trafficing across the border that California does not have to deal with. I imagine that if California shared as much border with Mexico that Texas does then their violent gun crimes would be significantly higher. I read a report (can't find it right now) that said there are 8 murders per day on the Mexican side of the border. It would be silly to think that there are not some happening on our side of the border too by the same people.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

It proves the assertion that some how letting people go wild west carrying guns around on thier hip and never getting background checks or being registered does nothing to prevent violence like some of you like to think. At least I know everyone in my state carrying a gun has had a course on how to use it and has had a backgound check. 209 justifiable homicides nationwide almost doesn't even warrent anyone having a gun. You could probably split that in 1/2 if more people had tasers and pepper spray. So all the posturing that poeple need free access without restriction to defned themselves doesn't add up to the numbers.

It also proves that the strictest gun laws in the country don't prevent firearm crimes either, so let's concede that.

Perhaps less people would die if there were less guns. I however, do not want to be the guy holding pepper spray when a guy holding a .38 Special comes after me. I don't think you would either.

Country
    See hampcards's Items on eBay

I don't have the time to crunch the numbers but I am sure that the pendulum would swing both ways.

Also, comparing Texas to California is a bit off. Texas has issues with drug/gun trafficing across the border that California does not have to deal with. I imagine that if California shared as much border with Mexico that Texas does then their violent gun crimes would be significantly higher. I read a report (can't find it right now) that said there are 8 murders per day on the Mexican side of the border. It would be silly to think that there are not some happening on our side of the border too by the same people.

# of illegal immigrants

California

Texas

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

# of illegal immigrants

California

Texas

And your point is???....

Number of miles of border shared with Mexico

California - 30
    Texas - 1254

My post clearly stated that it was a border issue, not a population issue.

Country

And your point is???....

Number of miles of border shared with Mexico

California - 30
    Texas - 1254

My post clearly stated that it was a border issue, not a population issue.

But you don't have facts to back up your statement that there is gun violence in TX based on border issues. Just becasue 10 people are shot in Juarez does't mean it happens in El-Paso for the same reason. And wouldn't it stand to reason if there is an issue with drugs from Mexico, that there would be more drugs in an area with more Mexicans?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

But you don't have facts to back up your statement that there is gun violence in TX based on border issues. Just becasue 10 people are shot in Juarez does't mean it happens in El-Paso for the same reason. And wouldn't it stand to reason if there is an issue with drugs from Mexico, that there would be more drugs in an area with more Mexicans?

Do you ever watch the news?

Look up the crime rates for Texas border towns like Laredo and McAllen...you will find a murder rate higher than the national average. Infact, Laredo has a general crime index nearly 1.5 times that of the national average.

Country

Do you ever watch the news?

Look up the crime rates for Texas border towns like Laredo and McAllen...you will find a murder rate higher than the national average. Infact, Laredo has a general crime index nearly 1.5 times that of the national average.

Waco has a higher violent crime rate than Larado..There are lots of towns that push above the national average. You can try and minipulate the data anyway you want, but making people have to reigster & get a background check change the numbers.

Country

Best part of this thread...

"So far the president has done nothing and administration officials have signaled that no major steps should be expected, given the climate in Congress against gun legislation of any kind."

I guess none of you got that far into the article.. you saw GUN + LAW and lost your minds. LOLZ

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

Best part of this thread...

"So far the president has done nothing and administration officials have signaled that no major steps should be expected, given the climate in Congress against gun legislation of any kind."

I guess none of you got that far into the article.. you saw GUN + LAW and lost your minds. LOLZ

How many pieces of legislation has been passed by executive order with Obama , He has already proved congress is irrelivent .

Country

How many pieces of legislation has been passed by executive order with Obama , He has already proved congress is irrelivent .

So now your argument is he MIGHT use an EO... LOL

Most of Obama's EO's were done to reverse GWB's EO
    Last edited by redsoxx11; 07-11-2011 at 05:21 PM.

Page 6 of 9 FirstFirst ... 3456789 LastLast