Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Toronto Maple Leafs Toronto Blue Jays Kansas City Chiefs
    See resurrect_my_collect's Items on eBay

Anyone else familiar with the work of Zecharia Sitchin?

I'm a big fan of his work and his theories.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Sitchin's work is awesome. Well-researched and entertaining.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

His ideas seem as logical to me as being created out of thin air or being descended from apes

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

His ideas seem as logical to me as being created out of thin air or being descended from apes

And you wonder why you get unflattering labels thrown at you. I think you need to...what did you say? "Educate yourself on the subject."

So, this individual believes alien archaeologists genetically engineered humankind? And said aliens were actually some of the supernatural beings alluded to in the Bible? Hoo dogey. I've watched religious apologists contort the Bible into M.C. Escher shapes to make it conform with scientific observations, but this idea just blows my mind.

And he believes in the secret doomsday planet that will supposedly impact the Earth in 2012? The one that every astronomical organization and amateur astronomer in the world are conspiring to hide from the general populace? I laugh derisively.

If anyone actually takes these ideas seriously, I'm compelled to put the same demand to them as I am to those who believe in religious creationism: show me your evidence.
    Last edited by gatorboymike; 07-07-2011 at 09:25 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

And you wonder why you get unflattering labels thrown at you. I think you need to...what did you say? "Educate yourself on the subject."

Where did I say that?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

Where did I say that?

"It is insulting to call someone something with intention of being demeaning. Saying someone needs to be educated on a subject and calling someone uneducated are two entirely different things."
    - You, page 17 of the "Republican candidates LOLZ quote thread"

And if you can say what you said in your first post in this thread, you need to be educated about science.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

"It is insulting to call someone something with intention of being demeaning. Saying someone needs to be educated on a subject and calling someone uneducated are two entirely different things."

And if you can say what you said in your first post in this thread, you need to be educated about science.

OK, thanks for taking that out of context. Actually, you took both things out of context, but you do that a lot when reading my comments.

You can tell someone that they need to get more educated on a subject and it not be presented in a rude or insulting manner. For example, someone who repeatedly uses inappropriate language on this site should probably get educated on the rules about language. See? That wasn't rude or insulting at all.

In contrast, if someone says something like...

I think you need to...what did you say? "Educate yourself on the subject."

See? There is clear intent to be rude and confrontational in that sentence. It is not the words that are spoken but the intent behind them.

Also, I was not attacking science as you assumed, nor am I uneducated about science. What I said was "His ideas seem as logical to me as being created out of thin air (Creationism) or being descended from apes (Evolution)." I was stating that the other widely accepted theories are no more deserving.

In your eagerness to find something to come after me on you didn't even bother to read and understand my statement.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

OH SNAP!!!

I've never heard of this guy and am not really sure about his ideal outside of what gator posted. If this is in fact what he believes I'd say it's no less plausible than creationism.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

just checked out his wiki page for a bit. Sounds like his writings would make a pretty good movie trilogy, but as far as an explanation to why we are here, I'll put it in the lower part of the list of how i think we came to be.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

or being descended from apes (Evolution

Perhaps his comment to "educate yourself" centered on this statement. Evolution DOES NOT say we are descended from apes!

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast