Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 1acid85's Items on eBay

Hey Im new, this is what i have...

Hey there guys, ive already introduced myself in the meet and greet thread but I thought Id share some of the things me and my brother allready own. I hope posting these pictures works. Anyways my names Craig, Im from South Africa and Ive since become really interested in baseball cards and NFL players, mainnly from playing XBOX and then chatting to guys from the US online and then Ive since started watching films about the history of the NFL and such things, anyways I have some Items on the way and will share as soon as they arrive as I really enjoying seeing the things others have collected and or bought, anyways without further ado is what we own so far, nothing particularly speacile, but hopefully in the next 6 months the collection will have grown and we can just grow in leaps and bounds from there

First up Ill start with some random Shaq cards i bought a few years back when I was playing basketball at highschool and was really into watching shaq and kobe winning rings: Nothing speacile allthough the 1 card in the middle is a 1b kinda rare, ithink it was a redemption card, but not sure...

The last the best of about 50 NFL cards we had lying around from when family visited the USA when we were younger.. (sorry the pics are soo bad)

The Next is a some cricket cards of a guy named Shane Warne, One of the best bowlers, 2nd all time wicket taker, retired a few years back, my brother collected them since 92, not worth much but pretty rare IMO not sure how many of those are lying around allthough his is torn from when he removed from the set...

Next is an athentic game issued Australian Cricket top from last year, Its from the Ashes 1 day series, Perth Game, it was given to a friend of my fathers(who now lives in Australia) and was given to my brother as a present.. We do not have any sort of authentication but we are supposed to be meeting with the team when they tour hey in a few months, so I am currently working on a plan to get it signed by him, and have him authenticate the origin of the top, It was not game worn as he chose the short sleeve top for the game from what we have been told. Its not a major issue to my brother either way, but we plan on having him sign this.

And then finally I have a Dave Houghton Top wich also is unsigned and unauthenticated but was given to me by Dave's sister who housed me and a teamate on a cricket tour to Zimbabwe in 98 when I was 13, she gave me and the other guy identicle tops, Im not sure the exact origin of the top, Being a long time ago, I remeber her saying the he just had a cuboard full and these were the 2 that he had allowed her to grab for some kids.. Anyways I was thinking of possibly posting it to him to authenticate and sign? What do you think about this? It would not be a major disaster if the top was lost, but authenticated and Signed the top would mean allot more to me and a prospective buyer? here are the pics

here is the link to his ESPN cricket profile : He was Captain and Coach and holds a number of records my brother tells me he had the 4th highest score in a Cricket World cup before the begining of this years world cup, he thinks hes sliped to 6th or 7th now, http://www.espncricinfo.com/zimbabwe...yer/55497.html

What do think about trying to get it to him some kinda TTM thing?

The Australian top? What should I get the player to do if i get to meet him? Do you think we should get the whole team to sign it as hes not really a star player, anyways let me know what you think, I have some other things heading my way that im really excited about and should blow this stuff out the water....

peace from Africa

Craig
    Last edited by 1acid; 08-03-2011 at 02:53 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kirbyc93's Items on eBay

cricket
    wow that new around here to me.

SCF Rewards
    Country

haha yeah but the stuff i have on the way is not cricket stuff, lol, anyways whats the best way of getting the player to Authenticate their own tops ? Is this posible? Does it hold weight?

Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Kirbyc93's Items on eBay

good question

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See sir_db's Items on eBay

Hey 1acid,

If you lived in Australia it would be easier to sign, players sign over the fences at grounds in between innings, we also have signing days here, but it's hit and miss who turns up to them. It's a nice item, if you are looking for some other cricket collectors, I can direct you to an Australian forum with plenty of people if you like, just LMK and i'll PM you the details (similar to this forum, but in Australia).

I wouldn't be keen on doing TTM of game used items. I know you say you might not miss it, but you will :) Stick to sending cards TTM.

Good luck meeting the Aussie cricket team, airports are usually the best place to meet them as well! If you meet Dave Hussey, I would get him to sign it in silver and then get a photo with him. Don't worry about any kind of description. You can ask him and say "is this the same type you where issued". Also, write down everything you have told us on each item. You may remember it now, but in a couple of years you might forget! Do up a nice letter for yourself and sign it. Might not mean much, but it might be that little thing that helps you sell it!

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (93)
    Country

Looking good so far man

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks some has confirmed that my top is original, so im pretty happy about that...

thanks guys

SCF Rewards
    Country

NIce stiff so far

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cratch26's Items on eBay

Very nice!