Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Question Do you tell others you collect cards?

Personally I don't generally. I am an adult and my parents and others tend to think of it as childish and a waste of money. They are right to an extent I think. Maybe I worry a little too much about what other people think.
    What about you? Is card collecting childish? Is it like Tom Selleck said in "Mr. Baseball" about baseball - a bunch of grown men playing a kid's game?

I dont care what people think of me to begin with. (dont get me wrong) If people dont like me for who I am, oh, well!
    I could care less if people know I collect/trade. Once they find out how much some of this stuff is going for , they're like..WOW!

Originally posted by j.e.lew
    I dont care what people think of me to begin with. (dont get me wrong) If people dont like me for who I am, oh, well!
    I could care less if people know I collect/trade. Once they find out how much some of this stuff is going for , they're like..WOW!
    ya same with me they dont no how much some are worth tell you tell them

i don't usually mention it either. my parents think i'm nuts for wasting my money. even if my cards aren't worth that much i still have fun and it keeps my occupied.

I do tell people now and then. If a subject of collecting or if a subject of sports comes up, I will say something about me collecting football cards. Nothing much is said about it after I tell them. hehe. Maybe that is a good thing, maybe it is not but who cares. hehe. As long as I am having fun as it then that is all that matters. :)

Richie
    mookigremlin
    :p

My dad was big into football cards until this year then he realized it was costing too much money and he never did anything with them. I don't tell anyone because I don't know anyone. I personally wouldn't care if I told anyone or not though.

If I know someone is into sports, theres a good chance they will know something about them so I may mention it. But to tell you the trutch, card collecting may be more of an adult hobby than kids today. Whenever I walk into a shop, its more of a business than simply to help out a fellow trader.

I couldn't care less what people think of me either....

My whole household collects cards....and whats even more,
    we are all 3 women!! :D We trade and talk about cards
    with the local Pastor and the town cop!! I even had my mom into
    it for a while (back in the early 90's). I have never had any of my non collecting friends say anything negative towards our hobby...they all think its cool!!

Peace,
    Rima
    ~COLLECTING specific Chris Brown autos & multi color patches
    ~Collecting Hakeem Nicks, Stepfan Taylor, Mario Manningham, Geno Smith and Victor Cruz Auto's

TRADE LIST:
    Hidden Content

Originally posted by BlackDiam0nd66
    I couldn't care less what people think of me either....

My whole household collects cards....and whats even more,
    we are all 3 women!! :D We trade and talk about cards
    with the local Pastor and the town cop!! I even had my mom into
    it for a while (back in the early 90's). I have never had any of my non collecting friends say anything negative towards our hobby...they all think its cool!!

Peace,
    Rima
    Rima, that's really cool! Especially because you can talk about cards with so many other people. Not many others around here share my interests. Glad you have friends that do!

Tim

I don't go out of my way to tell people but if I'm asked I have no problem telling someone I do. I collect comic books also. I'm more embarrassed about that actually LOL

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast