Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

How do the SCF conservatives feel about Rick Perry?

Looks like he'll announce a bid for President tomorrow, and I think he's really going to give Romney a run for his money. What do you all think? Is he fiscally conservative enough? I remember him railing against the stimulus, but I'm pretty sure he used some of that money to balance his budget.

I know most conservatives will probably love his religious fervor and the fact that he's executed approximately 10 billion people since he took office (Texas loves executions...that and high school football).

As a liberal, I'm kind of teetering on him. He's not a guy with a good business background (i.e. Gary Johnson, Herman Cain, Romney), and I'm of course turned off by his staunch social conservatism. Even though this was a man who once supported Al Gore. The reason I don't mind Perry is that he's not Michelle Bachmann, Sarah Palin or Rick Santorum. There's limits to how destructive he would be (maybe).

Plus, he wanted Texas to secede from the US. That's kind of awesome. Go ahead Texas, just leave. Take Tony Romo with you.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See undefeated*'s Items on eBay

He can be president of the Nation of Texas. At least, until it goes bankrupt and gets conquered by Mexico.

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

i would say what i think of him, unfortunatly that type of language is frowned upon here.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mitcwolf's Items on eBay

I cant say I love the guy but at this point he is about the best alternative out there... I like that he has been able to add jobs in Texas through policy but also know it is much harder to do as president than as governor. I think the whole religion thing is blown out of proportion though... Other than gay marriage Im not sure how many other things can be viewed as his christianism taking over the white house.... I would like someone who has not been a lifer in politics to take a shot at it but the closest we have to that is Herman Cain who gets no play from the media and honestly unless he gets a big push in the near future is all but out of it. I cant stand Romney and Newt has too many demons in his closet... I think Bachmann has some decent ideas but has little voting record and has a mouth on her that makes her impossible to listen to and unelectable...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The jury is still out IMO, but I like this. He promised to balance the state budget without raising taxes and he did. We could use a little of that in Washington.

I don't care if he prays to God, Allah or a cockroach in a Mason jar under his desk, if he makes and keeps campaign promises then that is a +1 in my book.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See onepimptiger's Items on eBay

He can be president of the Nation of Texas. At least, until it goes bankrupt and gets conquered by Mexico.

His "nation" is doing a lot better than our nation right now...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

The jury is still out IMO, but I like this. He promised to balance the state budget without raising taxes and he did. We could use a little of that in Washington.

I don't care if he prays to God, Allah or a cockroach in a Mason jar under his desk, if he makes and keeps campaign promises then that is a +1 in my book.

1. He balanced the state budget with stimulus money.

2. You and I are on the same boat with the religion thing. To me, it's just as ridiculous for someone to say that Rick Perry would make Christianity the official religion of the US, and outlaw abortion and gay marriage; as it is for people to say Barack Obama is trying to subvert the American people and turn the US into a Muslim country. Okay, wait, maybe not QUITE as ridiculous, but still. What Perry worships is his own choice, not mine, he's free to have it and free to practice it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

1. He balanced the state budget with stimulus money.

In the end he kept his promise and balanced it without raising taxes. There are a lot of states that received stimulus money plus raised taxes and they are still in just as much trouble as they were before.

I give him credit for at least using the money to accomplish something. All they have done with stimulus money here in WV is repave roads and put up signs telling us that the funding came from the American Recovery and Reinvestment Act.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Although I would not vote for perry I do agree with your second point. However I wonder how many of you feel the same way about President Obama.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Although I would not vote for perry I do agree with your second point. However I wonder how many of you feel the same way about President Obama.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast