Thread: tampa beat the jets 30-14

tampa beat the jets 30-14

chris simms got a td and 70yds. is he goin to be a starter or still a third string by the end of the season?

tampa whooped the jets in my opinion

He will be a backup all of this season unless Johnson and King goes down! Why start Simms him now after the Buc's just won the Super Bowl with Brad Johnson! Remember when the Ravens dropped Dilfer after winning the Super Bowl! MISTAKE

Brad Johnson is a good player and should be even better this year.

Ohh Yeah "That Tampa D~Fence looked pretty impressive also!"

This is the first pre-season game all the things your talking about dont mean . Wait til September!

i agree it was 30-7 i think then with very little time left the jets scored as i recall and tampa was givin beatings the rest of the game but us jets fans didnt get madd at all.... its PRE-SEASON #1 and tampa is one of the biggest favorites this year for the super bowl

Preseason is a hard time to judge someone. Anytime a rookie late in the game makes a big play(s) there are lots of ohhs and ahhs.

Then someone comes along and points out: Yeah, but they were only playing against other rookies!

Which is of course followed by someone else saying: Yeah, but they were only playing with rookies too!

It's a time to evaluation by the coaching staff and game #1 will not be a good way to evaluate anyone. Watch the next game and try to see who plays more than they did the first time. It's a rookie player, likely they are impressing and the coach wants to see more before deciding to "promote" the player. If it's a veteran player, likely they are un-impressing (is that a word?) and the coach wants to see if they can return to a better level of play.

That, at least, is how I try to view the preseason.