Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

I am in favor of pulling out of both Iraq and Afghanistan. You would know this if you had actually been interested in discussing the topic as opposed to projecting what you think I believe onto me.

Attempting to provide health care for the uninsured is a noble cause, but it must be accomplished affordably, transparently, and Constitutionally. The President has failed on all fronts.

Can you substantiate this claim?

Were you against the Iraq war since day one or are you only for troop withdrawal since the war is not "cool" anymore?
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

Were you against the Iraq war since day one or are you only for troop withdrawal since the war is not "cool" anymore?

So you were against any response to 9/11?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

He was probably just against the wrong one.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

I know this from personal experience, he's really helped protect college students.

Not in Maryland.

Or Virginia.

Or West Virginia.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    San Francisco Giants
    See sanfran22's Items on eBay

He was probably just against the wrong one.

Truthfully, I'd be ok with any kneejerk reaction to make a point. We needed to make a statement and that was a place we figured we could do it in (just a guess on my part). He's against Afghanistan as well, so he has no dog in the fight. Also, remember congrees approved the "illegal" war. So to blame it all on Bush is stupid.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not in Maryland.

Or Virginia.

Or West Virginia.

How not? Short of driving the cost of tuition down (which he has absolutely no authority to do), he's done everything he could.

(P.S.- Thanks for responding to my post. I was beginning to feel like the Tim Pawlenty of SCF, just up there talking with nobody listening )

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Yes there should have been a response against 9/11 just go after the right country. What gwb did in attacking iraq because of 9/11 was akin to getting robbed and beat up in nyc and going to california and shooting up everyone you see because of it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How not? Short of driving the cost of tuition down (which he has absolutely no authority to do), he's done everything he could.

(P.S.- Thanks for responding to my post. I was beginning to feel like the Tim Pawlenty of SCF, just up there talking with nobody listening )

The loan rates have stayed steady in these three states since he arrived in office. Not sure about others. Pell grants have been increased, but not significantly.

While he hasn't HURT them, he hasn't really helped them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

(P.S.- Thanks for responding to my post. I was beginning to feel like the Tim Pawlenty of SCF, just up there talking with nobody listening

Trust me, I always read your posts. You're one of the people who I enjoy listening to on here. You don't go ballistic like some others :) Just don't usually reply.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Truthfully, I'd be ok with any kneejerk reaction to make a point. We needed to make a statement and that was a place we figured we could do it in (just a guess on my part). He's against Afghanistan as well, so he has no dog in the fight. Also, remember congrees approved the "illegal" war. So to blame it all on Bush is stupid.

Totally agree. There's a great book that I've mentioned on here before about 9/11 and its aftermath called "The Eleventh Day". It's a pretty non-partisaned book (scoffs at radical conspiracy theories, and is critical of both the Bush and Clinton administrations).

The book, along with most others I've read on the subject, pins the responsibility of the Iraq invasion almost squarely on the shoulders of Donald Rumsfeld and Dick Cheney. Iraq was NOT a kneejerk reaction (remember, it took almost 2 years), rather, it was a calculated ploy. I don't think many people are truly against the war in Afghanistan. After all, that's where most of al-Qaeda was based (with Saudi Arabia and Pakistan also being monumentally important to their cause). The American people were absolutely deceived by the administration in regards to the Iraq War.

Page 2 of 5 FirstFirst 12345 LastLast