Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112
    Hockey Manager

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays San Francisco 49ers
    Twitter: @@RealRGM81 See price31collector's Items on eBay Instagram: COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

It's not a personal attack against you or Quebec - don't take it as such. He's frustrated with the postal system that makes cards disappear. To some it's not worth the risk of losing a high-value card, no matter how much they may like an individual trader. There is nothing in that comment that is bashing members or people from Quebec, only a statement that he has been ripped off by the mail system there. Please understand this.
    Habs fan and collector! Main PC's: Carey Price, Nick Suzuki, Cole Caufield, Juraj Slafkovsky, and of course...

Hidden Content Hidden Content ! 254 Unique Cards + 23 1/1's!!!

Participate in our Hidden Content , sponsored by Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See sportfreaks232's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

I understand your point but just think how i fell when the first think i see on the site is this "
    This is another reason why i havn't dealt with anybody from Quebec for a number of years now,been ripped off too many times even trying to be a nice guy with base cards also,not worth the hassle of shipping to that province!
    Last edited by Japold2; 09-18-2011 at 11:12 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (139)
    Country
    See adamslogikcards's Items on eBay

I understand your point but just think how i fell when the first think i see on the site is this "
    This is another reason why i havn't dealt with anybody from Quebec for a number of years now,been ripped off too many times even trying to be a nice guy with base cards also,not worth the hassle of shipping to that province!

It doesn't matter how it makes you feel. It is not directed at you. It's not even like he made any kind of defamatory statement towards quebecers. He simply stated that he has been ripped off multiple times by people in that province.

Unless you have control over the postal situation in Quebec, then this post is not an attack on you. A comment on the postal situation in Quebec is not by any means an attack on Quebecers, OR on Francophones in general. It is what it is, a comment on the postal system.

There are alot of great traders in Quebec, and no one is saying otherwise but the fact is that many of us have had more cards go missing in Quebec than anywhere else. So you can whine about how it makes you feel bad until the end of time, but making YOU feel better won't get anyone's cards back, so please just grow some thicker skin.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See 933homeplate's Items on eBay

Very well put. An attack on a system or company is not an attack on everyone that lives there. It`s not personal.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I start to to read guys like you (and will stay polite) , bashing members or peoples of Quebec because a problem with the post office ....

Say whatever you want about me,i've got thick skin and have learnt to deal with it and havn't bashed anybody from what i previously posted,i've been trading/buying hockey cards since 1976,and you know what,for the past 5 years i've had nothing but many issues with the postal system and certain collectors alike in that province,not only that,i have had issues with the like in the USA also,that was my opinion on a topic that seems to be an issue with not only me but for others as well.
    I've also had alot of successful trades with people in that province way before this site started just by going to card shows.I've been ripped by impersonators for whom i've tried to buy from in that province over ebay,and it seems to me that its been happening alot more.
    I love coming on here reading and learning about new products etc,and making friends,i help people out when i can with extra base cards but mostly collect it for my kid,i can't just run out and pay $400 for a box of cards but sometimes will pay 20 bucks for a pack just to see what i can get for my 9 year old son.
    I'm in it still for "collecting" not making money like others,i'm old school,call me foolish call me whatever,this hobby is for my son,not me and when somebody from wherever rips him off i'm not happy about it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ive got the guys REAL name and address, not just ebay address. Ive even found his facebook page. Unfortunatly the cops didnt care in either country. Myself and the other trader both went to them and were blown off.

Does the guy work for UPS???

have you given his name etc to UPS as well?

I would continue to call the police in Montreal until they were sick of hearing about it and either did something or arrested me for harassment.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

Say whatever you want about me,i've got thick skin and have learnt to deal with it and havn't bashed anybody from what i previously posted,i've been trading/buying hockey cards since 1976,and you know what,for the past 5 years i've had nothing but many issues with the postal system and certain collectors alike in that province,not only that,i have had issues with the like in the USA also,that was my opinion on a topic that seems to be an issue with not only me but for others as well.
    I've also had alot of successful trades with people in that province way before this site started just by going to card shows.I've been ripped by impersonators for whom i've tried to buy from in that province over ebay,and it seems to me that its been happening alot more.
    I love coming on here reading and learning about new products etc,and making friends,i help people out when i can with extra base cards but mostly collect it for my kid,i can't just run out and pay $400 for a box of cards but sometimes will pay 20 bucks for a pack just to see what i can get for my 9 year old son.
    I'm in it still for "collecting" not making money like others,i'm old school,call me foolish call me whatever,this hobby is for my son,not me and when somebody from wherever rips him off i'm not happy about it.

I hear you and sorry about what I wrote it's just the first think i saw this morning it's was This is another reason why i havn't dealt with anybody from Quebec for a number of years now,been ripped off too many times even trying to be a nice guy with base cards also,not worth the hassle of shipping to that province! ....So put yourself in my shoes and imagine if it was the name of your province mention a few time on this tread.....and for your son PC it's the same here my main PC Joe Sakic it was for my son who just turn 16 on the 14th but the problem XBox took over his live so now I still doing it just in case he decide to change his mind....and now my daugther of 10 start her PC of Hab's with my double....

so again sorry about your bad experience with your trade or buying in Quebec and I will try to grow some thicker skin.

Jack

SCF Rewards
    Country

I hear you and sorry about what I wrote it's just the first think i saw this morning it's was This is another reason why i havn't dealt with anybody from Quebec for a number of years now,been ripped off too many times even trying to be a nice guy with base cards also,not worth the hassle of shipping to that province! ....So put yourself in my shoes and imagine if it was the name of your province mention a few time on this tread.....and for your son PC it's the same here my main PC Joe Sakic it was for my son who just turn 16 on the 14th but the problem XBox took over his live so now I still doing it just in case he decide to change his mind....and now my daugther of 10 start her PC of Hab's with my double....

so again sorry about your bad experience with your trade or buying in Quebec and I will try to grow some thicker skin.

Jack

Wouldn't bother me one bit if i was in your shoe's and somebody mentioned stuff about Alberta.
    Lets get back to the original topic,the issue about the stolen card,it could happen anywhere,I hope the person who took it gets what they have coming to them and the best thing we can do as a card collecting community is make sure others know who this person is so they don't end up with similar concerns down the road.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens

I PM a wild ago to westaylor infos and last week I printed the pic of the card and ask few LCS in my area to keep a eye for the card...so far nothing.... even check Kijiji every day or so ...it's bad i don't have time to go in Montreal to check few store i know....

Page 12 of 12 FirstFirst ... 29101112