Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

How to create categories in your inventory

In version 0.9.2.6, SCF is glad to annouce that we now have a images bucket style with home page. This will create similar effect then what everyone is used to in PhotoBucket tags but so much easier to create, more so if you have already thousands of images. I delete and re-created my category or if you prefer tag in less then 5 minutes. PC and trader. Because the SCF Free Inventory working with a card database where that card attributes are set already for you, you can create a Auto section of all your autograph trader in less then one minutes since you do not have to tag each image. Also it will list any card that does not have a image. Something PhotoBucket will never do, nor will they allow you to search many hundred of bucket in one text search as comprehensive as our Inventory can be with all filter you can apply to find exactly what you need.

Now to create a new category you on your Inventory home page. you can hit the link from any of you post as you have a link to your public inventory home page. IF you have no category, the home page will list all of your trader. As soon as you add categories, they will list on your main home inventory page. Check my new SCF Inevtnory Bucket flavored.

View my Inventory New

Now to create a new category, you need to hit you home public page of your own inventoy under the Inventories tab. Then create the query you need by simply making the search needed and set you sorting order and the view type. For instance to create a player tag for Crosby, I did a search on "Crosby", made sure I am set on the trader tab, set the sorting by user BV descending to have my best Crosby that I currently have to show first. Then I click in the Images tab and click to set the zoom to level 1, that show 4 image per row. Now I have the query, sorting and view type all set, time to hit the

Here on the previous image you see what the new Inventory home page look like. The image that will show is always the first image that come with the associated query you created for the category. So images will change as you trader will go and come in the inventory.

Here I set all User Book Value for all my big cards and PC items. This way I can sort my group by User Book Value descending and it will show the image of my card that book the most.

You can create tag if you can make a query in your Inventory that fits the tag purpose. So rookie, Auto, mem and serial card are all possible. By print run too. Create all the palyer tag you need, PC player tag. The only thing we are missing is the team attribute but we will do our best to get this coded before the end of the month.

To edit or delete any category, hit the My Inventory tab then on the right hit the
    Edit your inventory
    public category

Now if you have no category the list will be empty but once you have some you can simply edit the order in witch the categroy will list in the front pages and you can edit any title as well. If you need to edit the actual query, delete the bad one and create a new category.

Hope you will enjoy this new feature.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great feature and tutorial!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im not trying to ignorant here,but how do you put cards in "my inventory"I dont see anywhere in there where it says to add cards.A little help here guys :(

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Cleveland Browns Cleveland Cavaliers
    See danpetty21's Items on eBay

I'm quite confused with this inventory manager. I've learned how to create categories and add cards but I can't quite figure out why the card I add goes into every category I make instead of going under just the one I need it to. For example I made a Ken Griffey Jr. category and when I add the card I want it goes there as well as my Ramirez category and my Marino one as well. Any idea what I'm doing wrong here?

*EDIT* I've figured out how to player index and keep track of my pc that way but when I created a category for auto and one for GU I have the same problem where every card I add goes into all the categories unless it's a pc card and then I can do it that way but even when player indexing and keeping track of pc that way it still lists them weird in the actual pc tab. It doesn't separate the cards at all by sport or anything it just adds them in a big list.
    Last edited by dpetty21; 02-28-2012 at 04:06 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

The above list is way different than the one thats on my page.Above one is:
    trader,personal collection,want list,detailed list,image list,text list.
    Now mine has:
    stores,card cash store,inventories,my store,my inventory,contest,SCF forum,and backend.And once I get on that page, my right column inventory menu is also different:

Inventory menu
    Total cards: 15
    Search cards
    Search card sets
    View your want list
    Public category
    Set Team
    View your Inventory
    Backup your inventory
    Player indexing (Search)
    Player Rolodex
    Team Rolodex
    PC fast link:

Am I running on an old program?? I know I was gone for like 2 to 3 years,but something isn't right. :(
    Last edited by hawk2618; 02-29-2012 at 01:54 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Is there a way to start a category without ANY cards going into it so i can add the cards i want. I tried to start a US Flag category for my cards with a US Flag in them or flag themed & it stuffed every card i have listed in there, when i tried to edit them, it took the card completely from my inventory, not just the US Flag page
    Thanks for any help

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

Is there a way to start a category without ANY cards going into it so i can add the cards i want. I tried to start a US Flag category for my cards with a US Flag in them or flag themed & it stuffed every card i have listed in there, when i tried to edit them, it took the card completely from my inventory, not just the US Flag page
    Thanks for any help

No, the princial of the categories are base on real database query. So if you can make a advance search to create a category then it will work. If not then it won't. Mainly you never add to categories as card are added only if they fall within the filter use for a specific query.

SCF Rewards
    Country

OK, Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

No, the princial of the categories are base on real database query. So if you can make a advance search to create a category then it will work. If not then it won't. Mainly you never add to categories as card are added only if they fall within the filter use for a specific query.

so theres no way to chose what goes into the other categories?

say my main Pc is stl cardinals.....thats the only thing ive pc'd right now.....and then my "traders" are in the other category. i want to put some cards i dont want to trade into another category separate from my cardinals.

New Project Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens
    See coolhandluke907's Items on eBay

you can make query (filter) for many things, go into you public inventory then if the category is for PC, select the PC tab, Then select baseball and team will apear on the left column and select the cardinals. But not all cards can or will be set to the team. But if you upload a image and the team is not set for that one card you can set the team yourself. Setting team is a ongoing project as most cards do not have the team set. This is why, I upload images for all my PC cards from Montreal Canadian in hockey, so I can set the team. For multiplayer from multiple team please select skip this card option as we will code later the possibility to set multiple team for one card but not possible for now.

Then when the query as all you need, from that query page in the public inventory of yours, select create a category. Name it in accordance and then each time you add cards as PC and set them to cardinal they will get automatically added.

Neeed a trader auto group, select trader tab, select auto from the left column and then create the group from there. Eacj time you add a card not set to PC and is a auto, they will automatically show in this group. So as long as you can make a query that is what you need then you can create such group. Mainly a group is a collection of the filter you have use to create the group and this is why it will retreive all the new cards you add automatically because we store the serie of filter used to query the database to get the most up to date cards from that group.

I created my group and now never need to play with them execpt for setting the team of image I upload. This can be done in the My inventory section and use the set team link on the right, each time you upload new image. If the card team is already set by a other user then you won't have to set it yourself, its set for all users.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast