Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Is the word diet a dirty word for children

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

Diet is a dirty word for everyone. In most cases, "diet" implies that there is a time-limit associated with the change in what a person eats. The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to change how/what you eat FOREVER. It has to be a lifestyle change, not a temporary change to shed pounds.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Diet is a dirty word for everyone. In most cases, "diet" implies that there is a time-limit associated with the change in what a person eats. The only way to lose weight and keep it off is to change how/what you eat FOREVER. It has to be a lifestyle change, not a temporary change to shed pounds.

Agree. If someone is serious about getting and staying in shape one must not only look and what they put into their bodies they must also exercise their mind, body as well as spirit.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

+ 1000000. The people that have success are those that make the permanent changes necessary to live a healthier life.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

habs is correct. As someone who likes many foods deemed both healthy and unhealthy, I've simply chosen to eat more of the former, and in lesser amounts, and it's made a big difference.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Wow, how soft have our kids gotten that hearing the word "diet" might damage them for life?

Option A: "Eternal psychological damage" from hearing the word "diet"
    Option B: Heart disease, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, sleep apnia, asthma, liver damage, spinal problems, knee/hip problems...

Am I the only one that sees the obvious choice?

Here is a thought. Ever see a fat kid with skinny parents?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

it all depends on how the word is defined. there are two ways people us it. One tends to be more negative than the other.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Option B: Heart disease, cardiovascular disease, hypertension, high cholesterol, diabetes, sleep apnia, asthma, liver damage, spinal problems, knee/hip problems...

Type 2, anyway. I hate to be too anal here, but it does get quite tiresome trying to explain to confused people how I can have "diabetes" as a thin, healthy 26-year-old since the only "diabetes" they ever hear about is the type 2 kind most commonly found in the elderly and/or overweight populace (and even then, type 2 can sometimes have other causes). Just a few weeks ago, my dad was explaining to an insurance agent how I have diabetes, and the first thing out of her mouth (with an EXTREMELY quizzical stare as she looked at me) was, "So you treat that with diet?"

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Type 2, anyway. I hate to be too anal here, but it does get quite tiresome trying to explain to confused people how I can have "diabetes" as a thin, healthy 26-year-old since the only "diabetes" they ever hear about is the type 2 kind most commonly found in the elderly and/or overweight populace (and even then, type 2 can sometimes have other causes). Just a few weeks ago, my dad was explaining to an insurance agent how I have diabetes, and the first thing out of her mouth (with an EXTREMELY quizzical stare as she looked at me) was, "So you treat that with diet?"

A lot of things are genetic and people don't understand how it could be possible. I have a friend who is thin and looks generally healthy yet she has such high cholesterol that she has to medicate for it.