Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Green Bay Packers Cincinnati Reds
    See rchurchward22's Items on eBay

Full Size Jersey Display Question - Opinions Wanted!

Hey guys, give me your opinions if possible.

I'm looking at getting a new full sized signed jersey for my sports room. I already have two which I have framed up myself and love the way that they look. I was possibly thinking about going a new route with this next one, however.

The framing I do myself usually costs around $90 total. I get the supplies (frame, glass, matte board, etc) from Hobby Lobby when it's on sale and do it myself. Definitely not professional but I like it.

This time I'm thinking of getting a mannequin torso to display the jersey. Have any of you ever done this? Would you recommend doing this? What are the pros and cons of doing this?

The jersey I'm looking at is this one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290559968665...84.m1423.l2649

As you can see in the auction, it looks nice on the torso. However, it won't be as protected on the torso as it would be in the frame. If I got the torso I would get something along these lines: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FEMALE-MALE-...item2566b4002a

or this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TORSO-MA...item2c5ea62d18

So, have you guys ever done this before? Do you recommend it? Or should I just go with the framing that I usually do?

Thanks for the comments ahead of time!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey guys, give me your opinions if possible.

I'm looking at getting a new full sized signed jersey for my sports room. I already have two which I have framed up myself and love the way that they look. I was possibly thinking about going a new route with this next one, however.

The framing I do myself usually costs around $90 total. I get the supplies (frame, glass, matte board, etc) from Hobby Lobby when it's on sale and do it myself. Definitely not professional but I like it.

This time I'm thinking of getting a mannequin torso to display the jersey. Have any of you ever done this? Would you recommend doing this? What are the pros and cons of doing this?

The jersey I'm looking at is this one here: http://www.ebay.com/itm/290559968665?ssPageName=STRK:MEWAX:IT&_trksid=p398 4.m1423.l2649

As you can see in the auction, it looks nice on the torso. However, it won't be as protected on the torso as it would be in the frame. If I got the torso I would get something along these lines: http://www.ebay.com/itm/FEMALE-MALE-TORSO-MANNEQUIN-BLK-SET-MANIKIN-MANNIQUIN-/160636862506?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2566b4 002a

or this: http://www.ebay.com/itm/NEW-TORSO-MALE-W-METAL-BASE-MANNEQUIN-FORM-MANIKIN-WHT-/190566509848?pt=LH_DefaultDomain_0&hash=item2c5ea6 2d18

So, have you guys ever done this before? Do you recommend it? Or should I just go with the framing that I usually do?

Thanks for the comments ahead of time!

Sent you a PM but that's irrelevant to what you're talking about. I have never done anything like this before but if it was me, I'd get the 'female torso' because it's sexy and knowing that a girl wears an autographed jersey makes you think about some beautiful goddess who loves sports as much as you do.

So I'd go with the female torso... period! Unless it doesn't bother your wife (if you're married) or gf (if you're in a relationship). Hot mama jama!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lumber_jack_bat_co's Items on eBay

RC -

How's it going??? Long time since I chatted to you... I think pics of my 'Cave' will give you the answer to my opinion on this issue:

Smitty's Basement (Man Cave)

Full Mannequin or Mannequin Torso - all the time, every time - and stay will the male torso's (unless it's a female athlete's jersey) to make it look right as it hangs off the mannequin.

All the best -

Smitty

SCF Rewards
    Country

RC -

How's it going??? Long time since I chatted to you... I think pics of my 'Cave' will give you the answer to my opinion on this issue:

Smitty's Basement (Man Cave)

Full Mannequin or Mannequin Torso - all the time, every time - and stay will the male torso's (unless it's a female athlete's jersey) to make it look right as it hangs off the mannequin.

All the best -

Smitty

Smitty, definitely long time no talk my friend. I love what you've done with your mancave. How do you keep the jerseys on mannequins protected? Do you use lint rollers? Spray them with scotch guard?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Smitty, definitely long time no talk my friend. I love what you've done with your mancave. How do you keep the jerseys on mannequins protected? Do you use lint rollers? Spray them with scotch guard?

Actually since my basement only has one window (it's covered behind the TV) and it's unfinished with no ac/heat 'vents', I don't really have any issues with dust. I covered the unfinished roof with drop cloths.

I do 'clean' about once every 6 months - light dusting and yes, I usually just roll the jerseys with lint rollers.

The jerseys that are not on mannequins that are hanging have plastic 'shoulder guards' hanging over them to help keep them clean.

All the best -

Smitty

SCF Rewards
    Country

Actually since my basement only has one window (it's covered behind the TV) and it's unfinished with no ac/heat 'vents', I don't really have any issues with dust. I covered the unfinished roof with drop cloths.

I do 'clean' about once every 6 months - light dusting and yes, I usually just roll the jerseys with lint rollers.

The jerseys that are not on mannequins that are hanging have plastic 'shoulder guards' hanging over them to help keep them clean.

All the best -

Smitty

Ah, I see. My man cave has 4 windows and several A/C vents, so the framing option might be the best to protect the jersey.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ah, I see. My man cave has 4 windows and several A/C vents, so the framing option might be the best to protect the jersey.

Make sure you get frames that can be ope ed and the jerseys can be removed. if you have jerseys 'sealed' in cases, some places with use pins, staples or even GLUE to keep your item in place while framing it. I'd rather deal with a little dusting.

All the best -

Smitty

SCF Rewards
    Country

Make sure you get frames that can be ope ed and the jerseys can be removed. if you have jerseys 'sealed' in cases, some places with use pins, staples or even GLUE to keep your item in place while framing it. I'd rather deal with a little dusting.

All the best -

Smitty

Yeah I do all the framing myself, so I know that they can be opened from the back. Thanks Smitty!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I have a couple jerseys im deciding what to do with but if you do the maniquin route (a route ive considered multiple times) i would make sure you can cover it. My idea would be to get a maniquin and put a glass cylinder around it to protect from dust. Also if I were you Id wait to find a nicer jersey, that jersey is just a basic sew on # jersey. Wait for a Mitchell & Ness jersey.

SCF Rewards
    Country

What about this? http://www.ebay.com/itm/290582177149...84.m1423.l2649

It has NFL tags you can see at the top. Would that be closer to what you're thinking?

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast