Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CrAcKaJaP206's Items on eBay

Did I just get screwed by ebay?

Long story short. I sold a Jerry Rice patch auto /10. Guy asked if he could pay me in a week and 1/2. He paid a week later. I sent the card 2 days later through USPS automated kiosk. 2 Weeks later he said he didn't receive the card and opened a claim. I stated that i sent the card usps showed my paypal statement where i sent it(i know that isn't enough proof, but that is all I have). Today ebay issues him a full refund, yet the card has was never returned to my house because of non-delivery.

I've been w/ ebay since Feb 2002 and have 100% positive. Anyone have a similar situation? If you have had this happen what was your outcome?

I'm pretty sure i just got screwed by ebay. I'm out $120 and a Jerry Rice card. I guess i should of required a confirmation or tracking number.

ebay

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (73)
    Country
    See Nyfancam01's Items on eBay

ALWAYS use DC.....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Los Angeles Dodgers Cincinnati Bengals Miami Heat
    See bradwells1977's Items on eBay

amen.....i have learned the hard way!!! And insurance if the card is really worth the bread

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

As NyFanCam01 said.. always use DC.

Also I have a rule for buyers that they must get insurance for all orders over $50.. eBay buyer protection covers them, but if they want to buy something expensive for me they have to pay the extra couple bucks for insurance so I'm also covered.

Also.. I don’t ship outside the US anymore.. not even to Canada. I don’t bust much hockey so its not really a big issue with selling prices. It’s mainly because I mostly use paypal shipping to save trips to the PO.. but also there’s no international tracking and I don’t want to deal with customs forms and lost mail.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

I got screwed like this to. I sold a rare Cal Ripken autographh to Taiwan and the guy said he never received it. He opened a case and won even though I had shipping proof of the receipt. I lost a $250.00 card plus the cash. I feel EBAY gives the buyer all the power to do what they want.

This made me make certain adjustments to where I ship. I ship only to US, Canada, Australia, and United Kingdom because I have never had a problem in these countries.

Always use Deliery Confirmation on all packages on EBAY. I think EBAY tells you that you should no matter what. When I sell items all packages I feel are expensive will always have insurance on them.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I always use DC because it seems like more and more people are scamming by claiming they dint receive an item.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sidelinegifts's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders

use dc and insure it

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Cubs Chicago Blackhawks Chicago Bears
    Twitter: @Rick Polus

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't pay the extra $0.75 or whatever it is today for the delivery confirmation for such an expensive item ???? I figure less than a dollar out of my pocket is better than $120 in this case. By the way, yes I think you got screwed by ebay but it was partially your fault as well.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I don't understand why anyone wouldn't pay the extra $0.75 or whatever it is today for the delivery confirmation for such an expensive item ???? I figure less than a dollar out of my pocket is better than $120 in this case. By the way, yes I think you got screwed by ebay but it was partially your fault as well.

I think DC with paypal shipping is only 19 cents.. plus you get discounts on shipping prices on top of that.

You can ship a card with paypal shipping and DC for $1.75.. the same card/weight with DC at the PO is like $2.51.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CrAcKaJaP206's Items on eBay

I guess lesson learned. Btw the guy is from kansas city and I don't ship out off the us

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast