Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (257)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Carolina Panthers Carolina Hurricanes
    See kansas_city_royals_2011's Items on eBay

no, they go to wal-mart, target, k-mart etc and feel all the packs and take all the good ones. they can feel which packs have inserts. they basically ruin the hobby for anyone who wants to go to these stores and buy a few random packs like say a 10 year old. check out your local wal-mart and i guarantee all of the packs will have the cards pushed down to the bottom of the pack and the top will be all wrinkled. opening hot packs is probably fun but imo they ruin it for a lot of people. there was a day when i was 10 or 11 and had to buy my packs at wal-mart in hopes of getting something cool. now, people don't even have a chance unless they buy it from these guys on ebay.

that makes sense if the hit is a relic card, which would typically have a thicker stock than a regular card, but how do they do it with auto's?

btw, will you close out our trade in Trade Manager? You'll definitely get great feedback from me! Those cards were great

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See holyporcupine's Items on eBay

i have no idea how they can tell if there is an auto. a lot of the time they open those packs and sell the autos and leave the relic cards in packs since they are worth much less, especially in a newer product. a lot of pack searchers have been known to reseal the packs as well with crappy relics and sell them that way.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (257)
    Country
    Kansas City Royals Carolina Panthers Carolina Hurricanes
    See kansas_city_royals_2011's Items on eBay

i have no idea how they can tell if there is an auto. a lot of the time they open those packs and sell the autos and leave the relic cards in packs since they are worth much less, especially in a newer product. a lot of pack searchers have been known to reseal the packs as well with crappy relics and sell them that way.

If I see someone at my local Target feelin' up packs like a dirty card-perv, I'm going to lay them out with the Rough Ryder right there in the middle of the store.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See holyporcupine's Items on eBay

yeah, not a fan of people who do it

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yea, thats why the only safe way to by retail is blasters. Which sadly, they are finding ways into getting into those. They basically feel up the packs some actually have a scale and weigh them to whatever weighs more than the other packs. I've had a run in or two with them. And I'll def. say something to em. As for autos, I think you can somehow feel the sticker or the window or the authentic sticker on the back. They'll find ways around everything. And alot of time you can go on ebay and see a Gold refractor card in a pack and they even advertise it as that, which has to be a resealed junk player. Most people in the hobby don't care for it

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See Greengoblin782's Items on eBay Packrip.com Traders

I am not for pack searching but I will buy them if they pop up on eBay.

You can tell which packs have autographs by feeling for the sticker on the autograph.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Check out www.blowoutcards.com, or www.dacardworld.com for hobby boxes. I am sure they can ship anywhere.

too expencive is there anywhere cheaper

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

too expencive is there anywhere cheaper

You can try the www.becket.com under their marketplace. Last spot to look.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

With all the people reading and posting on this thread promise me you won't pack search yourself and ruin the chance of a kid getting a nice hit.

I am glad that the Kmart near me does not sell cards anymore just for this reason. If you can buy hobby do that.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Detroit Red Wings Detroit Tigers Michigan Wolverines

I will promise you that I will not pack search. I regularly purchase loose retail packs from Wal-Mart, but I have the bad habit of throwing the thick packs back in the box. I might be missing out on a nice relic, or a cut autograph (yeah right), but I have pulled more of those thick teaser cards than I have relics over the years. It is because of this that I throw the thick packs back in the box if I happen to notice one. I would rather pull a common insert than a thick teaser, but that is just me.

-Robert Lewis

Page 3 of 9 FirstFirst 123456 ... LastLast