Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast
    considerittraded

What will be the new "Thing" in card collecting?

For the past ten years or so we've all gotten a bit tired of game-used cards since all the card companies have overpopulated the hobby with them.
    What is everyone's opinion or ideas of what the companies could do next to spark our interest and make us part with our money.

Personally I like pulling short-print parallels of rookies in hopes of getting the "most rare card" of the next Mickey Mantle. Especially Bowman Chrome Xfractors and Gold Refractors.

Okay, lets hear those ideas.

Eric a.k.a. (C.I.T., Huskie)

I still think it will be memorabilia. Rather than jerseys, it will be some crazy idea...perhaps the player's socks, or grass, or something crazy. Card companies are bound to do it.

Tim

The Bowman Chrome Rookie Refractors, Xfractors, Gold Ref will always be the best and an auto on them even better.
    I hear Upper Deck is going to try some new printing process that might generate a new interest. It didn't work for Score but maybe UD can pull it off.
    I'm looking forward to their Game Faces box when it comes out.
    Then saving my money for Bowman Chrome.

Game used failed because companies over produced game used cards and made them like insert cards a few years ago.

As for the next big thing. I would have to say stuff like eTopps. It has become very popular recently and it could take over cardboard cards down the line.

That's true. Another option are inserts such as a game used piece of glass from the backboard of a basketball hoop, or something of that nature.

Tim

considerittraded
    Maybe they (meaning Topps) should give redemption cards for special etopps cards, which are only available from buying cardboard cards. That would get etopp buyers to buy cardboard and cardboard buyers would get interested in etopps. Personally I'm clueless about etopps but that would get me interested.

I got a jamal lewis gu astro turf card simply amazing, maybe they should naked baby pic's LOL I think they are running out of ideas.

Ryan

I think in hockey they should have blood and missing teeth relic cards!!:hop:

Now that is funny. What about skin relics, and toenails? The possibilites are endless! :)

Tim

I got a jamal lewis gu astro turf card simply amazing, maybe they should naked baby pic's LOL I think they are running out of ideas.

Ryan

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast