Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314

Thread: Building Your Inventory on SCF

Building Your Inventory on SCF

The staff on Sports Card Forum is working hard on developing an inventory, storefront and Online Price Guide (OPG) system that will benefit all collectors, big and small. Building up your SCF inventory is something all members should do!

If you have many cards from one set, here a video on the various ways to add cards:
    https://www.sportscardforum.com/demo/...twaytoadd.html

The benefits of building your inventory on SCF:

• You'll have an inventory on-line that you can mark Personal Collection or for trade (eventually you will be able to sell/auction your cards).
    • You can upload images of your cards and earn Card Cash. Read about getting 0.5 card cash per image here.
    • Your inventory will be available to over 800,000 visitors annually for sale or to make trades.
    • You will be able to create categories for your inventory. This will allow you to sort your inventory by autographs, rookies, or whatever category your choose!
    • Once built, members can download their inventory to their own computer for back up.

Here are the basic steps in creating an inventory:

1. At the top left of SCF, click on "Inventory Manager".

2. This will bring you to a search screen of the private section where any members can add cards. SCF has millions of cards in the database which allows for a consistent title for a card. Simply search for the card you want and add to your inventory. For example:

My "2010", "Upper Deck", "Ladainian Tomlinson" search resulted in 11 cards:

From here I have three options:

= Adding the card to my inventory
    = Adding the card to my want list
    = Reporting an error with the card

Find the card you want to add and click the "Add Card to Your inventory" icon. On the next screen you will be able to define the quantity, mark it PC or want list, identify a book value and/or upload an image.

Once the card is added to your inventory you will be taken to the specific set list for that card. All cards in your inventory will be shaded in blue. There will also be three new options for any cards you added to your inventory.

= Edit card or upload image
    = Sell your card in the storefront system
    = Delete the card from your inventory

Here is an example of the card added to my inventory:

At anytime you can click on View your Inventory on the right side column to see your public inventory page with all you cards the way all other member can see them. This public inventory section of yours is under the Inventories tab. You can also Set Specific teams to each card (for search), download your inventory, View your want list and set categories. Give it a try and provide us some feedback!

Other OPG/Inventory/Storefront and site-wide tutorials here. If you want to add entire sets check out this tutorial.
    Last edited by CoolHandLuke; 03-02-2013 at 12:22 PM.

This was a issue when we first started as we query Like "Brian Lee" and anything with that string came up. Then we created the player index and like Iheartjacquie explain we can exclude string in the search to index a player. In 99.9% of the time we can even with year range, exclude player that have the same name in the same sport. I am a player collector myself so I too wanted player list to be accurate and just remember that indexing player, sometime some card can be excluded when we import them but either in the player search or if you add players as a PC fast find section mainly from the player search option, when visiting the stats page, it always look to find if some new cards may be missing in the index and will add them at each visit, also on the player search you have a link were you can index the player you collect as well. This make sure that all newer cards are all in the index. Also the list is much faster to pull from the database when player are index that way.

We are here to make the application always better. Like right now I am working on adding Short Print and Super Short Print as a new card attribute. We are always open to suggestion as well to make it better. The inventory started simple and got more complex in time. But we can answer all questions at any given time and OPG staff in each sports are there to help with missing card like Promo and with error as well.

The inventory is also integrated with the Trade Manager. While I have not publicise it very much (been absent in the past year), you can build list prior to creating a trade called pre-trade list in the trade manager and it let you create both side list and add or remove card from both side of the list, copy them and paste them in a PM for discussion purpose and then when ready, I would usually propose to create the trade it would let me at the push of a button create the trade, filling the agreed card list automatically from the pre-trade list (you also have a text box on both side to add particular condition other then the cards themselves) and just create the trade for you. Then when you are mailing your end, there is a button that will remove the cards for your inventory and same thing push a button in the trade manager when incoming cards arrive. Also if the member has entries of these cards in the Inventory the image get copied to your new inventory entries. This was because to often I was forgetting to add or remove cards from trades. Also it's great when you have a long list of cards, like I would make trade of base cards with 100's on each side at time. This was time saving and it was a great way to not forget to make the entries in and out of the inventory. Pre-trade can be deleted without creating a trade in the trade manager, so can also be use just to make lists of cards as well and when done you can delete any pre-trade list. A video on how this work can be found here: https://www.sportscardforum.com/thre...ed-via-a-video
    Hidden Content

I collect all Montreal Canadien. Hidden Content for player, teams you collect

printing?

what if i have 2005 - 2008 baseball in my inventory and i only want to print off 2007 cards . is there a way to do that?

Page 14 of 14 FirstFirst ... 411121314