Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Alabama Olive Garden will not fly US flag

Here's a little something that is going to stir up a lot of emotion. For your viewing pleasure:

http://blogs.ajc.com/news-to-me/2011...xntlid=thbz_hm
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Sounds to me like a simple case of some idiot with their own agenda refusing to allow it. Olive Garden says they have no policy against the flag.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

Why did she want to bring it in anyways? Olive Garden has a right to display what they want to.

Transferred Feedback
    NSCF(1)
    Country

P.S. Olive Garden's food is horribad...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Why did she want to bring it in anyways? Olive Garden has a right to display what they want to.

I believe that her group had reserved a portion of the restuarant and wanted to hang their banner in that area. According to the response by Olive Garden they have no problem with it. It was an employee, most likely some overzealous assistant manager needing to flex their liberal muscle and protect the rights of those who may be offended by the sight of an American flag.

Shut your mouth

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Miami Dolphins New York Mets Miami Heat
    See FLIHGH's Items on eBay

Breadsticks are amazing.

But in regards to the article........
    Andrew Bailey Supercollector: 224/255 not including 1/1's (87.8%); 254/458 cards including 1/1's(55.5%)

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

sounds like a slow news day to me

SCF Rewards
    Country

I like olive garden's food. It is one of my favorite restaurants. I always order the eggplant parsmesean w/o cheese. But getting back to the topic at hand I respect olive garden's decision not to be bullied in to putting up a flag if that particular store didn't want one up. Some of us like to go out with our families for a nice dining experience and not to have someone's politicial/religious beliefs thrown up in our face. (I get plenty of that here). What's next someone is going to have a fit because a place of public accomodation will not allow them to post a crucifix for everyone to see?

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I like olive garden's food. It is one of my favorite restaurants. I always order the eggplant parsmesean w/o cheese. But getting back to the topic at hand I respect olive garden's decision not to be bullied in to putting up a flag if that particular store didn't want one up. Some of us like to go out with our families for a nice dining experience and not to have someone's politicial/religious beliefs thrown up in our face. (I get plenty of that here). What's next someone is going to have a fit because a place of public accomodation will not allow them to post a crucifix for everyone to see?

So you find the American flag offensive? There was no religious or political statement.

And how do you turn a dumb story about some employee who is probably already fired by now into a debate about religion? Someone hanging an American flag and someone hanging a cross are entirely different points.

Don't take this post OT.
    Last edited by duane1969; 10-13-2011 at 09:55 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

So you find the American flag offensive? There was no religious or political statement.

And how do you turn a dumb story about some employee who is probably already fired by now into a debate about religion? Someone hanging an American flag and someone hanging a cross are entirely different points.

Don't take this post OT.

Not trying to take the post off topic but it's the same principal. Olive garden is a family restaurant designed to serve all people regardles of their color, nationality, religion, etc. The american flag just like a cross are 2 symbols that mean different things to different people. Some people are indefferent to them but most people either love them or hate them. Olive garden wanted to keep their restaurants a comfortable place for all of their patrons regardless of their personal beliefs. I see nothing at all wrong with that.

Page 1 of 6 1234 ... LastLast