Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Way to go NBA.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spuds1961's Items on eBay

Way to go NBA.

First off let me preface this by saying I'm not too big of a basketball fan to begin with,but these guys are just plain stupid.

I find it hard to sympathize with owners or players who have never worked an honest day of hard work in their lives.The NFL was on the brink of a long strike but in the end they got it right and reached a settlement,way to go NFL,also one of my favorite sports so I was glad to see they salvaged their season.The NBA on the other hand I could take or leave,especially with all the other sports winter has to offer,Hockey,the nfl,or college football.

I really think these people don't have a clue,with the state of the economy and people needing jobs these folks really don't have a clue.I have read where Memphis as a city is going to sue the NBA because of this lockout,kudos to them,as I think they are doing the right thing.I am sick of multi-million dollar athletes and mega-rich owners not being able to see the big picture,which is the common employee working at these venues needing their job.

My heart goes out to the college student who uses his job as a vendor to foot the bills for his or her education,or the senior citizen who uses their job as a cashier to supplement their low paying social security to help foot their bills and put food on their table.From what I've been reading the players will not end this strike until the revenue sharing is made 52 % to 48 % in their favor,well guys get a real job and try this crap,good luck standing in the unemployment line with the rest of us.

I find it hard to fathom that these players can't survive on the overpaid salaries they make in the first place,and I also find it hard to fathom that these owners aren't making enough money off of their franchise to have tons of money left over.Any owner who can't make money off of their franchise probably doesn't need to be an owner,and any player,even the lowest paid on an NBA roster who most likely makes 200,000 per year needs to re-evaluate their place in life.

What these players and owners don't realize is yes we can live without basketball,but we can't live without the revenue it brings in for the common folk.In an already horrible economy I find it hard to believe that these people can't see the big picture.I mean how hard is it to see how much income it is costing the average employee,open your eyes Players and Owners,yes neither of you wants to blink an eye and settle for something you see as a loss,but in the end when all is said and done if you guys handle your finances properly everybody will make their fair share of money.

In closing yes I would like to see a settlement,but not for the Players and Owners but more for Johnny who works as a vendor to have money to pay for his college education,or Jane who works the concession stands to supplement her social security check.

COME ON NBA DO THE RIGHT THING,Thanks for the read take care Steve.
    Do something nice for someone everyday, it will pay off in the long run.

Let us Pray.Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Montreal Canadiens Toronto Blue Jays New England Patriots
    Twitter: @KarineHains See Pheebs8882's Items on eBay

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks Karine,appreciated as always,watching the Flyers vs.Sabres right now Ryan Miller was really shaky to start off 2 really quick goals,now it's 3-0 was hoping to watch a good game.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

well you say you find it hard to sympathize with the owners and your heart goes to the college student working as a vendor, etc but guess who pays them....the owners. This is why I will always side with the owners. People seem to think that the owners only are responsible for having the money to sign players to contracts and that's it. Revenues towards the owners side goes to pay for vendors, cashiers, security, parking attendance, ushers, field/court/rink maintenance workers, building renovations and construction, information and help services, etc... Owners of course keep a profit themselves (some maybe larger than they should) but the owners revenues also help employ hundreds of Johnny or Jane's

SCF Rewards
    Country

well you say you find it hard to sympathize with the owners and your heart goes to the college student working as a vendor, etc but guess who pays them....the owners. This is why I will always side with the owners. People seem to think that the owners only are responsible for having the money to sign players to contracts and that's it. Revenues towards the owners side goes to pay for vendors, cashiers, security, parking attendance, ushers, field/court/rink maintenance workers, building renovations and construction, information and help services, etc... Owners of course keep a profit themselves (some maybe larger than they should) but the owners revenues also help employ hundreds of Johnny or Jane's

Thanks for the reply Duwal,and you do bring up a good point,I never really thought about it in that regard also,but I guess what I was trying to say without sympathizing for neither of them is I think they are both grossly overpaid,and without the players the owners would have no product to offer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Both sides are to blame but if I had to chose one side to support it would be the players. The owners are the ones signing players like Travis Outlaw to 5 year 35 million dollar contracts then turning around and crying broke. They are also the ones locking the players out. This is not a strike. If the owners really cared about the working man they would end the lockout and play the games until a mutually beneficially agreement could be worked out between them and the players.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

...without the players the owners would have no product to offer.

This is true, but if this group of players doesn't want the money a new crop of players will come along and play for a lot less.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

This is true, but if this group of players doesn't want the money a new crop of players will come along and play for a lot less.

That may be true but but people want to see lebron and kobe not joe blow who couldn't cut it in the nba.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

That may be true but but people want to see lebron and kobe not joe blow who couldn't cut it in the nba.

its not that they couldn't cut it in the NBA its more that they weren't given a chance. Remember the NBA has the smallest amount of players per team in any professional sport. Also their draft is only 2 rounds. There is plenty of untapped talent in D-league as well as oversees that can thrill crowds just the same. Basketball isn't that hard of a sport to excel at compared to other sports