Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See rshann's Items on eBay

Question for autograph collectors

I used to attend card shows almost every weekend when I was younger. I obtained alot of autographs back then and stored them away. I have an autographed ball of Carl Yastrzemski that has yellowed over the years (even though it was in a ball cube). In your opinion, how much do you think it is worth. By the way, it's not for sale. I'm just curious. Thanks!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Hey Lefty,
    I checked out Yaz's official site and he sells his auto'd baseball for $75. So I would guess that is pretty much the going rate?

Country

What kind of ball is it? Mines on a yellowed Bobby Brown from 1983. I've seen older balls sell for more. If his he's selling are on new style, w/ no league pres. they would'nt be worth as much as one from his playing days.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's also on a Bobby Brown ball. It was right around the same time. I also have an Ernie Banks that's not yellowing as much that was signed on a William D. White ball.

Country

Wanna get rid of the banks?

SCF Rewards
    Country

Not really. :D

SCF Rewards
    Country

It's a funny story with the Banks auto. I got it back in the early 90's. He was signing at the opening of a....don't laugh too hard.....Payless drugstore here in Southern Cali. Well anyways, I had to work at the time he was signing so my mom went to get his autograph. She didn't know who he was (she only knew Rickey Henderson and Steve Garvey, LOL). She told me when she got up there to get his autograph she couldn't believe how big his legs were. So being the bashful mother that she is (NOT), she asked Ernie if she could feel his quads. True story. :D She also got him to sign a picture personalized for me. How cool is that?