Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Change is coming

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Change is coming

I know this is a sports story per se but it has a lot of political and legal tie ins so I wanted to get the P&R forums spin on it. I will post my take on it after the first few comments.

http://www.slamonline.com/online/col...ll-revolution/
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

My position is simple.

Option A: Recieve a scholarship and all of the perks that goes with being a scholarship athlete like free passes on missed homework, a few extra points on their final grade so they can play, etc. but recieve no portion of the profits.

Option B: Recieve a share of the profits but pay your own tuition and recive no perks associated with scholarship athletes. You are a paid professional athlete, you can afford it.

I fully oppose giving scholarships to atheletes because of their athletic ability and then paying them to use their athletic ability. That is double-dipping. If the athletes want paid then the scholarships need to go to other non-paying sports or to academics.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

My position is simple.

Option A: Recieve a scholarship and all of the perks that goes with being a scholarship athlete like free passes on missed homework, a few extra points on their final grade so they can play, etc. but recieve no portion of the profits.

Option B: Recieve a share of the profits but pay your own tuition and recive no perks associated with scholarship athletes. You are a paid professional athlete, you can afford it.

I fully oppose giving scholarships to atheletes because of their athletic ability and then paying them to use their athletic ability. That is double-dipping. If the athletes want paid then the scholarships need to go to other non-paying sports or to academics.

Golf clap for Duane.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

This whole nonsense about the ncaa wanting to protect the integrity of amature athletics is a load of bull. The ncaa is a tax exempt organization and if they start paying the athletes what they are worth the will be looked at as a business and will therefore in addition to having to pay athletes will also have to pay millions if not billions in dollars in state and federal taxes. Bottom line is that it is all about the ncaa's bottom line nothing more nothing less and the school presidents are CEOs or major companies. Stop the fraud and pay these ball players what they are worth or let them have the opportunity to go and earn what they are worth.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I should add that I think that they should be able to earn money from endorsement deals. Just like they are allowed to have a job at McDonald's or the gas station, if they can earn a million by doing a Gatorade comercial then I see no reason why they should be prevented from doing so.