Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Thread: Deceased Signers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gowarrior's Items on eBay

Deceased Signers

I'm sending out a few Baltimore Colts who I know are good signers and are getting up there in age (Gino Marchetti, Lenny Moore, Raymond Berry) and I'm just curious... does anyone know how Johnny Unitas was TTM?

Also, while I'm on the subject, I'm also curious about Mickey Mantle. Did he sign TTM in his later years?

Any other notes or discussion on great (or horrible) TTM athletes? Feel free to share, I'm curious to read...

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unitas wasn't automatic in his later years exactly.. But I'm pretty sure over the years it was pretty easy to get him TTM.

I like reading about who was a good signer back in the day.. I think there's a thread on here already for it, maybe i'm thinking of SCN. But basically all the old timer baseball HOF'ers were attainable, and back in the 80's and 90's when much of the football HOF'ers were still alive they were gracious signers and the ones that charged fees charged VERY little. I wanna say Ace Parker used to charge like $2 or something like that.. and many guys' fees were similar. Walter Payton answered mail.. Guys like Ray Nitschke, Red Grange, Sammy Baugh, Buck Buchanan, Stan Jones, Pete Pihos, Lavelli, Bullet Bill, Bill Willis, Crazy Legs were all very generous signers when they were still around/healthy. Many of those guys have died in the last 3-4 years even. Makes me wish I'd gotten into this sooner!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

The collection I could have had....that's all I think about when I see those names. It was a lot different back then. No internet, no eBay. Now, the hobby is changed forever.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Unitas is one of those guys I wish I would have gotten but then again, I got into this hobby to late. Walter would be another.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Walter Payton is my childhood hero. I collected his cards as a child then stopped when I got 21 and then got back into the hobby a few years after his passing. It's too bad that I didn't get a chance to do a ttm with him. That would have been the franchise card of my collection. RIP Sweetness. You may be gone but you will never be forgotton.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404