Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Presidential Autos

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army
    New York Yankees New York Rangers New York Giants
    Twitter: @@ChrisWGamble

Presidential Autos

I went to my father's house today to pick up some Christmas stuff. in one of the rooms was what looked like two white posterboards taped together. I asked him what it was and he tells me he will show me, that I'd like what was between the two pieces of cardboardy thingys. He pulled out this really old looking document and he shows me the signatures of President James Monroe and President John Quincy Adams on the same document! There was some paper backing on the matting that literally fell apart but the document was in amazing shape. Apparently, my grandfather had this passed down to him and he gave it to my dad. I was amazed that this thing was not in some crazy frame that preserved it but those cardboard slabs it sat between actually preserved the paper from getting damaged. I couldn't believe it. I have never seen the signatures of two president's on the same document...and some historian I am, I forgot to look at the document to see what it was for because I was too busy looking at the auto's. I lived with the man for over 20 years and I find out about it now! One day, once it is passed down to me, hopefully not for a long time, I will post pics of it...AFTER it is in a crazy frame. Just thought I'd share.
    I collect NY Yankees, NY Giants, NY Rangers, NY Knicks, and NJ Nets. I am willing to trade. PM me if you have any cards signed by players from these teams.

Working on collecting all living New York Giants (football) and New York Yankees. The question is which team drives me nuts first!!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See darryl-zero's Items on eBay

Wow, that is awesome.
    I NEED 02/03 Topps Heritage Calder Cloth cards!!!
    Always looking for signed Philadelphia Sports Illustrateds!
    Have an odd Richie Ashburn item? I might want it!
    Looking for 66-67 Topps Hockey

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great story! Any history on how they were obtained or how your grandfather got them?

SCF Rewards
    Country

WOW! That is amazing! Could you possibly post pics the next time you see it, not when he passes it down to you lol.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Considering Q.Adams was Monroe's Sec of State I'd assume it has something to to along those lines. Without seeing it I'd imagine that its an appointment of some sort.

Awesome piece though. I have 4 Presidential autos(Cleveland Leaf Cut, Harding Topps Cut, Harrison UD Cut, and W. Bush bookplate) and think they're awesome. Congrats on a great piece!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

Thanks guys. I will ask my dad if I can take a picture, without the flash, next time.

@MMapledo, I don't know how my grandfather got it. I think I get my collector genes from him because he apparently collected a lot of stuff. I never got to meet him since he died before I was born but he also put together a pin collection that began in the 1910's that includes Ty Cobb, Christy Mathewson, and a whole boatload of other ballplayers) as well as political buttons and others.

@Sawks, good point about Quincy being Monroe's Sec of State. I forgot about that. I should have paid more attention to the document but we just kept finding cool stuff like the pin collection, Civil War swords and a cavalry jacket from the Civil War. I'll be going back in a week or so and will ask to see some of the stuff again.

SCF Rewards
    Country

my family has a document that re-reminded me we have it once I read this , it is a land deed that is actually signed by former president Grover Cleveland totally cool piece, and I think my fam is planning on getting it framed soon as well!!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Army

@Chrisborene, it's amazing how much history can be found right in our own homes sometimes. We might not even remember it's there. Hopefully you'll share some pics once your family gets it framed.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Oakland Athletics
    COMC Cards For Sale

very very cool,i wish i had some cool item that was passed down through my family lol

its funny,me being kin to a couple presidents i have nothing lol

grandson of william henrey harrison (9th president) nephew of benjamin harrison (23rd president) and distant cousin to chester arthur,and thomas jefferson

SCF Rewards
    Country

WOW great story :) i wish i had something like that in my family which got passed down generations ... i think i may have to start the trend for my family

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast