Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

NBA superstars are bypassing Atlanta

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

I think that the leadeship role plays a big deal like Kenny Smith said. I think Atlanta is a great market for sports with great potential to compete really close to NY and LA. They just need to land that big player and the rest will follow.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CappinHoff's Items on eBay

I think that the leadeship role plays a big deal like Kenny Smith said. I think Atlanta is a great market for sports with great potential to compete really close to NY and LA. They just need to land that big player and the rest will follow.

They need to land the " Big Players". It will take more than one player. Look at the Hawks teams from the mid 80's to the late 90's. Full of superstars.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See cgb_orl's Items on eBay

Atlanta is more of a college town. Pro sports suffer here and most of the true fans are usually fans of the "other" team. Basketball above all the others.

Edit - just read the article. Pretty straight forward except the beginning where they make it seem like Chris Paul AND Deron didn't simply get passed up by Atlanta in the draft. That could have been the key to getting Dwight right there.
    Last edited by cgb_orl; 12-20-2011 at 07:08 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

True but Atlanta has been rpetty good the last couple of seasons, so all they need right now is one big player and the rest is history. It seems like now a days players want to play in a team that there is at least one other superstar.

SCF Rewards
    Country

True but Atlanta has been rpetty good the last couple of seasons, so all they need right now is one big player and the rest is history. It seems like now a days players want to play in a team that there is at least one other superstar.

They want that team that is one step from winning a title.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Browns Cleveland Indians Cleveland Cavaliers
    See selby1286's Items on eBay

In my opinion, ATL is not a sports town. People couldn't care less about the Hawks, the Falcons are pretty irrelevant if they aren't winning, and they just lost their second hockey team. The only team I could say the city always gets behind is the Braves, and even then the fan support is nothing special. I've been to at least a dozen sporting events in the city, and I never once had the feeling that the city was a sports town.

SCF Rewards
    Country

In my opinion, ATL is not a sports town. People couldn't care less about the Hawks, the Falcons are pretty irrelevant if they aren't winning, and they just lost their second hockey team. The only team I could say the city always gets behind is the Braves, and even then the fan support is nothing special. I've been to at least a dozen sporting events in the city, and I never once had the feeling that the city was a sports town.

It could be resurrected as a sports town if they can land that big name player. I think that their teams are doing pretty decent.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It could be resurrected as a sports town if they can land that big name player. I think that their teams are doing pretty decent.

Technically they do have a big name player in T-Mac. Lets say DH would have went there, it wouldn't have just poof made them better to attract other players.

Look at the Timberwolves. They had KG and still people didn't want to go there. Why, the market. You have Chicago, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, OKC in that area that people would rather go to. Same thing is happening with Atlanta. You have Miami, New York, Dallas, San Antonio, Houston, OKC in the area. If anything it about the market, and Atlanta isn't that great.