Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

12/11/12

The Detroit Red Wings held their annual Salvation Army Bell Ringing competition at 4 separate locations tonight. Due to the lockout, it only featured team personnel and alumni. Was planning on heading out to the Plymouth location after work to get former Red Wings' goaltender Chris Osgood, but didn't feel like making the drive, especially having to go through rush hour traffic. So headed to the closer location, which was the Kroger store out in St. Clair Shores, MI where former Red Wings' winger/current team scout Kirk Maltby and Red Wings' radio play-by-play announcer Ken Kal were helping to ring the bells to raise funds for the Salvation Army for a couple of hours. Didn't need Ken, so made a donation and got Kirk to sign my 8 x 10 photo with the requested "4 x Stanley Cup Champ" inscription.

SCF Rewards
    Country

12/16/12

Attended former NBA player Jalen Rose's Celebrity Bowling charity game, benefiting his Jalen Rose Leadership Academy charter high school. Purchased a ticket to spectate at the event. Got the following personnel, who were there on-hand, to sign for me:

Los Angeles Clippers' assistant coach for player development Howard Eisley - 2/2 trading cards

Los Angeles Clippers' small forward Grant Hill - 1/1 replica Pistons jersey (had this jersey ever since 1995 when Grant was still on the Pistons), plus a photo with

Los Angeles Clippers' guard Chauncey Billups - 1/1 Pistons Swingman jersey (finally got this done after a couple of seasons trying)

Los Angeles Clippers' point guard Chris Paul - 1/2 trading cards (1st time ever getting him; didn't want to push my luck after getting the 1st card signed)

Los Angeles Clippers' guard Jamal Crawford - 1/1 trading card

event host/former NBA player Jalen Rose - 1/1 8 x 10 blown-up photo of Jalen & me (from his golf outing earlier this year), 1/1 trading card

former NFL player Lomas Brown - 1/1 8 x 10 photo with the requested inscriptions: "7 x Pro Bowl", "3 x All-Pro", & "Super Bowl XXXVII Champ" (he was cool as always and remembers me as well)

Only missed out on Clippers' shooting guard Willie Green, who left with the quickness, when Billups, Paul, and Crawford also left.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

That Billups is awesome!
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks. Glad to finally get the jersey done and surprised that Chauncey gave me his good signature instead of the "Chauncey 1" or "CB 1" that I've received in the past.

SCF Rewards
    Country

12/19/12

Took a half-day off work today, so stopped by to graph the Detroit Red Wings at the facility they were practicing at. Got the following players to sign for me:

right winger Patrick Eaves - 2/2 trading cards

goaltender Jimmy Howard - 1/1 puck, 2/2 trading cards, plus a photo with

right winger Todd Bertuzzi - 1/1 trading card

Missed out on left winger Justin Abdelkader, who told me he had to go lift weights, but would sign after (I didn't wait around for him to come back as I had to get to work). Right winger Mikael Samuelsson, center Cory Emmerton, center Darren Helm, along with Edmonton Oilers' center Shawn Horcoff and defenceman Jeff Petry were also on-hand for practice, but I didn't have anything for them to sign.

Last edited by tboculosis; 12-19-2012 at 08:14 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

12/21/12

Graphed the Washington Wizards at their hotel today. Got the following to sign as they boarded the bus to the game against the Pistons:

guard Bradley Beal - 1/1 index card (had nothing for him, so opted for the IC)

forward Jan Vesely - 1/1 trading card

TV color commentator Phil Chenier - 1/1 trading card

guard John Wall - 1/1 trading card

forward Chris Singleton - 1/1 trading card

guard Shaun Livingston - 1/1 trading card

Missed out on the following:

forward/guard Martell Webster - 0/1 trading card (didn't recognize it was him until he already boarded the bus)

assistant coach Sam Cassell - 0/1 trading card (ignored)

guard Jordan Crawford - 0/1 trading card (ignored)

forward Kevin Seraphin - 0/1 trading card (ignored)

center Emeka Okafor - 0/1 trading card (said he had to go)

forward/center Nene - 0/1 trading card (said he'll sign next time since he has a sore foot)

head coach Randy Wittman - 0/1 trading card (ignored)

forward Trevor Booker - 0/1 trading card (ignored)

Didn't need Cartier Martin. A.J. Price and Trevor Ariza didn't make the trip because of injuries.

Afterward, headed to the hotel where the Detroit Lions were staying to see if I could get anybody to sign as they arrived for check-ins. Got the following to sign:

safety Tyrell Johnson - 1/1 trading card

defensive back Pat Lee - 1/1 8 x 10 Lions logo photo

long-snapper Don Muhlbach - 1/1 8 x 10 Lions logo photo

tight end Brandon Pettigrew - 2/2 trading cards

linebacker Justin Durant - 1/1 blown-up photo of Justin and me

defensive end Lawrence Jackson - 1/1 blown-up photo of Lawrence and me

defensive end Willie Young - 1/1 8 x 10 Lions logo photo

quarterback Shaun Hill - 0/1 trading card(ignored)

wide receiver Brian Robiskie - 0/1 trading card(ignored)

defensive end Ndamukong Suh - 0/1 8 x 10 blown-up photo with (ignored like always, this time using the "on the phone" excuse)

linebacker Travis Lewis - 0/1 trading card(ignored)

quarterback Matthew Stafford - 0/1 micro-helmet (ignored)

wide reciever Calvin Johnson, Jr. - 0/1 trading card (said he had to go)

running back Kevin Smith - 0/1 trading card (used the side entrance)

running back Mikel Leshoure - 0/2 trading cards (used the "on the phone" excuse too)

Missed some guys that I needed (Kellen Moore, Riley Reiff, and Mike Thomas) who came through the front. The rest, I didn't need.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

Haven't heard of the phone excuse from Suh yet, looks like he's trying to mix it up, lol.

Guess I didn't miss too much from the Wizards after I left.

SCF Rewards
    Country

12/30/12

Graphed the Milwaukee Bucks at their hotel as they boarded the bus to the game against the Detroit Pistons. Got the following to sign:

assistant coach Sidney Moncrief - 1/1 trading card

forward Luc Mbah a Moute - 1/1 trading card

forward Ersan Ilyasova - 1/1 trading card

guard Marquis Daniels - 0/1 trading card (ignored)

forward John Henson - 0/1 trading card (signed for only 1 person before hopping into a cab)

center Joel Przybilla - 0/2 trading cards (ignored)

center Larry Sanders - 0/1 trading card (just pointed over to us, but didn't sign)

guard Brandon Jennings - 0/1 trading card (bolted for the bus with his headphones on when assistant coach Moncrief came over to sign)

guard Beno Udrih - 0/1 trading card (ignored)

forward Mike Dunleavy - 0/1 trading card (ignored)

head coach Scott Skiles - 0/1 trading card (just waved)

center/forward Drew Gooden - 0/1 trading card (ignored)

guard Monta Ellis - 0/1 trading card (just waved)

center Samuel Dalembert - 0/1 trading card (last player to come out and literally danced with his headphones on to the bus; funny sight to see, but too bad he didn't sign)

Forward Tobias Harris was the only other player that signed, but I didn't have anything for him. Pretty brutal outing with the Bucks, imo. May be the cold weather with snow on the ground, but it's exactly the same like that of Milwaukee. It is what it is, I guess.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yea it was pretty bad. Are you doing the wings tomorrow

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ouch, that is a rough night.

Page 18 of 19 FirstFirst ... 81516171819 LastLast