Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See stoverc's Items on eBay

Attended the local sports talk radio station, 97.1 The Ticket, 3rd Annual "Sportsfest" at the Suburban Collections Showplace in Novi, MI today. This year a monetary donation of $10 for one of their charitible cause was required to obtain a wristband for the autograph sessions taking place there, as well as the numbers on the wristband used in a lottery to get in the autograph lines of former Detroit Red Wing Chris Osgood, former Detroit Tiger Cecil Fielder, or former Detroit Tiger Jack Morris. Got the following personnels to sign for me during their scheduled signing time:

Detroit Lions' defensive end Cliff Avril - 1/1 8 x 10 photo blow-up of me with Cliff

Pro Football Hall of Famer Lem Barney - 1/1 full-sized football with "HOF 92" inscription

Detroit Lions' safety Louis Delmas - 1/1 8 x 10 photo blow-up of me with Louis

former Detroit Tiger & MLB player Cecil Fielder - 1/1 trading card (my wristband number was in the group of numbers picked; wish I should of bought one of the Photofile photos they were selling there)

Hockey Hall of Famer Dino Ciccarelli - 1/1 8 x 10 photo with "HOF 2010" inscription

former Detroit Lion Billy Sims - 1/1 mini-football with my requested inscription of "3 x Pro Bowl" along with his added inscriptions of "78 Heisman" & "80 ROY" (Mr. Sims was by far the nicest and most cordial signer there)

Detroit Pistons' forward Austin Daye - 1/1 trading card

Also got IBF Light Middleweight champ, Cornelius "K-9" Bundrage, who was there to represent Kronk gym and help with a boxing session put on there, on his promo photo plus a photo with him. Missed out on Chris Osgood and Jack Morris, who of course didn't get drawn for. Didn't need Hockey Hall of Famer Ted Lindsay nor Detroit Red Wings' center Darren Helm. All in all, another good event put on by the station. The required donation may of irked some people, but due to the amount of seller and dealers there, I had no problem making the donation. Can't wait for next year's event.

Im Pretty sure I was in line near you for a lot of the day. I always saw one guy pulling out 8x10s of himself with that athlete. So now I can put a face to the name. Great Event. 97.1 finally got the kinks worked out and it ran very smoothly.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See nextspeed's Items on eBay

nice hall i also attenened with my son we got everyone except ciccarelli,barney,lindsay and fielder..my son got luckey or the ticket chicks liked him because he was able to score not once but twice vip tickets to go back and get a 1 on 1 auto..we got billy sims and jack morris that way..our number was called for osgood so that was cool ecept he was about 30 mins late..not to bad of a day we scored 6 autos out of the 10...he had a blast and thats all that matters..over a good event they are slowly making it better..

Really good stuff and glad to hear that you guys had fun too. I hope the station does keep "Sportsfest" going and improving every year.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Im Pretty sure I was in line near you for a lot of the day. I always saw one guy pulling out 8x10s of himself with that athlete. So now I can put a face to the name. Great Event. 97.1 finally got the kinks worked out and it ran very smoothly.

Yeah, that was probably me, with my Dr. Dre headphones on. Got Avril & Delmas plenty of times already, so decided to change it up and print out my photos of me with them onto 8 x 10's so I could have them personalize & sign them for me. It's good to see the station making efforts to improve the event each year. Though still not perfect, it is getting a little bit better.
    Last edited by tboculosis; 02-20-2012 at 09:05 AM.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

How long did the lines take to get through? I considered going, but it was last minute for me, so held off. Seemed like a great event though
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

SCF Rewards
    Country

2/19/12

Graphed the Boston Celtics at their hotel today. Got the following to sign for me as they boarded the bus to the game:

center Greg Stiemsma - 1/1 index card

guard Avery Bradley - 1/1 trading card

forward JaJuan Johnson - 1/1 index card

guard Keyon Dooling - 1/1 trading card

head coach Doc Rivers - 1/1 trading card

Missed out on the following:

guard Ray Allen - 0/1 (ignored and just hopped into a cab)

guard Marquis Daniels - 0/1 (said he can't since he had a cab to catch)

guard/forward Sasha Pavlovic - 0/1 (ignored)

guard/forward Mikael Pietrus - 0/1 (ignored)

forward Chris Wilcox - 0/1 (ignored; looks like this former Piston have crossed over to the darkside)

guard/forward Paul Pierce - 0/1 (just waved and got on the bus)

assistant coach Tyronn Lue - 0/1 (ignored)

guard Rajon Rondo - 0/1 (ignored)

radio commentator Cedric Maxwell - 0/1 (ignored)

forward/center Jermaine O'Neal - 0/1 (ignored with his headphones on)

Assistant coach Armond Hill signed, but I didn't get him. Nobody needed rookie E'twaun Moore. Brandon Bass and Kevin Garnett didn't make the trip. I can't wait for the Big 3 on this team to retire and move on, so this horrible signing team would become nothing more than a lottery team.

While waiting on the Celtics, I noticed that there were 2 tour buses parked in the front of the hotel and 2 more parked behind the hotel. Turns out those were the tour buses of Van Halen, who will be playing at the Palace tomorrow night. Saw frontman David Lee Roth exit the hotel to walk his dog and headed around the corner on the other side. An older lady there with her daughter for Van Halen, proceeded to chase David down to sign her daughter's photo and got David to sign it too. I thought about running after him too, but didn't, though I should have if I knew he was going to sign. Did get bassist, son of Eddie and nephew of Alex, Wolfgang Van Halen to sign an index card for me as he exited his tour bus to enter the hotel just as the Celtics' first bus pulled up. David Lee Roth returned from walking his dog to enter the hotel, this time with his bodyguard, and his bodyguard told everyone David just got into town and won't be signing anything right now. After the Celtics' second bus left, I didn't bother waiting for the other two members of Van Halen or for Roth to come back out and just left.

Last edited by tboculosis; 02-26-2012 at 01:22 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

It was a great event. Average time to go through the lines for me was 20 - 30 minutes, but average time waiting in line for signing sessions was 45 minutes to an hour.
    Last edited by tboculosis; 02-19-2012 at 09:53 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ryeinc's Items on eBay

guard Jeremy Lin - 1/1 5 x 7 photo

Bet you're glad you got that one, eh?

Just looked through this thread, nice stuff!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bet you're glad you got that one, eh?

Just looked through this thread, nice stuff!

Thanks. I've been a fan of Jeremy since he used and abused John Wall during their Summer League meeting a couple of years ago. Never thought that he would become this phenomenom known as "Lin-sanity" though. Got his autograph last season as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2/25/12

Attended the O'Reilly's Autorama car show held at Cobo Hall in downtown Detroit today. My primary target was getting WWE superstar Rey Mysterio, who was brought in as a guest to sign autographs there. Got Rey to sign my replica mask. Deena Cortese from MTV's "Jersey Shore" was also brought in as a guest to sign autographs and pose for photos, so got her to sign my 8 x 10 photo.

Last edited by tboculosis; 02-26-2012 at 12:21 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

2/26/12

Attended independent wrestling show, XICW, held at the Ritz in Warren, MI tonight. Former ECW wrestlers Tommy Dreamer, Little Guido (known in the WWE as "Nunzio"), Rhyno, and "The Francise" Shane Douglas were on the card. Purchase a photo Tommy was selling and got that signed, plus got a photo with him. Got Little Guido to sign my trading card. Got Rhyno to sign my 8 x 10 photo. Got "The Franchise" to sign my trading card.

Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast