Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 in 2012 successes

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

BIG day today!

Went to the Browns vs Eagles today in Cleveland and got there kinda late. Literally got to the tunnel area about 10 minutes before signing was over. A few Eagles had came by and signed. I believe # 51 Jamar Chaney signed according to one kid. But I got even luckier. As my uncle and I were about to head out, all of a sudden comes Eagles Ring of Honor member Mike Quick. 5x Pro Bowler, 2x All Pro Wide Receiver...and oh yeah, Holder of the NFL Record for longest touchdown reception. Man was a great receiver and turns out, nicer guy. Normally people need to hoot and holler for a person's attention, I asked...not even yelling, from the stands if he could sign. He smiled and said "Sure." Walked over and signed for like 5 of us. Signed my Eagles vs. Raiders HOF game shirt. Awesome day!

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

BIG day today!

Went to the Browns vs Eagles today in Cleveland and got there kinda late. Literally got to the tunnel area about 10 minutes before signing was over. A few Eagles had came by and signed. I believe # 51 Jamar Chaney signed according to one kid. But I got even luckier. As my uncle and I were about to head out, all of a sudden comes Eagles Ring of Honor member Mike Quick. 5x Pro Bowler, 2x All Pro Wide Receiver...and oh yeah, Holder of the NFL Record for longest touchdown reception. Man was a great receiver and turns out, nicer guy. Normally people need to hoot and holler for a person's attention, I asked...not even yelling, from the stands if he could sign. He smiled and said "Sure." Walked over and signed for like 5 of us. Signed my Eagles vs. Raiders HOF game shirt. Awesome day!

Good to hear he's good IP because I sent TTM to him back in Feb. and got nothing back. Maybe he just doesn't like the USPS - LOL!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

8/25/2012-9/14/2012, 3/3 Dallas Clark signed cards back. 2 of them were signed, one sent back untouched. Unfortunately, the cards got smudged (risk of sending a soft case with it...You probably shouldnt but most times when I include it, the card stays in good shape). May have to send the one back without a case and hope for the best.

FUN weekend ahead as I will be going to my possible last baseball game of the year with my girlfriend. This whole week has been up in the air with whether I'd be able to go or not, but it turns out its a go. Should have an update on that Sunday after the game. Looking for a good haul...as I got passes for an after the game auto sessions with some of the Indians. Hoping for Cabrera!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Went to the Indians game, and there's a lot going on.

Went to pre game with the girlfriend to try and get some autos. Nothing during BP for the Tigers, so since we were in all Indians gear, we decided to press our luck and move over to the Tribe side...no dice. But it was alright cause we had autograph session tickets for after the game.

So during the game, the stadium was half full. We decided to that instead of going to our seats, we would stay up close and press our luck. Well we got bumped twice before the usher took notice. He asked both of us where our tickets were and where we were sitting. I didn't feel like arguing or lying. I was in the wrong. So I told him "Sorry sir, it's my last game of the year and I wanted my girlfriend and I to have really good seats. If you'd like, We'll pick up our stuff and go to our seats." The usher just looked at us and pointed to a section much closer than to where we were. He told us to have a seat and enjoy the game. Nicest guy I have ever met. He also talked to my girlfriend about her sign (She made a "Bring back Shelley" Sign cause her favorite player was the first one who ever signed for her, Shelley Duncan. He was cut about a week before the game). An inning later, our entire section got free Indians hats. Great night so far.

Next comes a foul ball that bounces off a few peoples' hands a few rows in front, then right into my girlfriend's lap. I wanted to keep it, but my girl is the voice of reason and pointed to these kids who had been chasing after balls all game. I agreed and found the closest child I could with an indians jersey. Is it cool to get a foul ball, yes. I have gotten dozens through the years. Is it better to give a young child a baseball memory. It sure is. The child's face lit up and made it worth all the foul balls in that stadium. Glad I could do it, and would do it again in a heartbeat.

Finally, the end of the game comes and we go to the autograph session. Going into it, nobody knew who was going to be signing. There were four tables set up and people could line up wherever. Turns out the tables were for Lonnie Chisenhall, Jason Donald, Lou Marson, and Michael Brantley. Chisenhall is the future and I was happy to get 2 more sigs (my girlfriend didn't end up keeping hers), and the additions of Lou Marson and Jason Donald are nice as well. I told Donald I wrote to him during ST and was happy to finally get him now, but he told me that he usually answers and writes back his stuff during the off season as it builds up. So everybody who wrote to Donald, be on the lookout. Hopefully he's honest cause he seemed like a nice guy.

The name that shocked me the most...literally shocked me was Michael Brantley. Anybody who goes to Indians games will tell you that he is one of the worst signers. He usually only does so when his wife/girlfriend/whatever asks him to do so. That's no joke or assumption either people, he has announced that after signing on many occasions. So after numerous indians games...I can finally cross off Michael Brantley from my Moby Dick "White Whale" like auto list. As promised, here are some pics of the sigs. More to come soon.

Overall a fantastic day to say the least. This was probably my last MLB game of the year and it was a good way to end the year. Didn't get Asdrubal Cabrera, but there's always next year...and I will go hard for that next season. Now looking to the future, I got tickets for the Cavs vs. Bucks preseason game in my hometown in the beginning of October. Hopefully will get Kyrie Irving, so stay tuned.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Even more shocking day today. Allow me to indulge you:

3/3 John Olerud. Sent these WAY WAY back and finally got them back. 2 of 3 were signed and the cards were still in awesome shape for being sent away soooo long. Really thought these were gone too. Yet this wasn't the interesting moment of the day.

As some of you may know, I am now attending Grad School at the University of Akron. As I was walking back from my last class of the day, I saw somebody very interesting. New VP of the college and former Ohio State University Head Coach Jim Tressel. Naturally, went into my backpack and pulled out a notebook and pencil. Told him how big of a fan I was of his and wondered if I could have his autograph. Sure enough, he signed and talked with me about my life and my plans. Truly an amazing individual and all around good person.

1/1 Jim Tressel

Awesome day.

SCF Rewards
    Country

That's an awesome story with Tressel...talk about an awesome success!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

That's an awesome story with Tressel...talk about an awesome success!

Yeah, he's apparently giving a lecture on campus Thursday...if I didnt work I would totally print an 8x10 and try for another...still can't be greedy. Probably sending out the last of my baseball stuff in the next coming days. Clearing up for what is hopefully a promising basketball auto season.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Just got back from visiting my old friends and girlfriend from my college's homecoming weekend...came home to three autographs waiting for me. Of the three, one was from way way back in the year, while the other is a first timer TTM from my understanding at least!. All to be posted tonight.

1/1 Jordy Nelson- This one was funny because I forgot to put postage on my SASE...so the letter came back to me with "Return for postage", but it had the auto and everything...sooooooo success!

1/1 Shane Battier- This was sent WAY back in the beginning of the season. Early part of January this went out and I had already forgotten about this. Imagine my surprise when I opened this up today. Cool send back. Only wish it could have been a larger autograph, but no need to whine.

1/1 Jerome Simpson- Great return from the new WR of the Minnesota Vikings. He got into some trouble with Mary Jane, but he's still an incredible talent. I remember this clip being played on Sportscenter 24/7 last year. So excited to get this back. Haven't seen anybody get something back from him, so like Paul Shuey, it's cool to be the 1st on SCF.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

There's been a few late nights here and there, but 2 new auto requests from today/yesterday.

1/1 Bobby Valentine- Signed my Sports Illustrated with him on the cover. Didn't think he would sign it as it questioned his season and what all occurred, but a funny/cool success nonetheless.

1/1 Michael Doss- Former Ohio State Buckeye and SS for the Indianapolis Colts was apparently signing at a local grocery store where my boss' wife was shopping. She remembered how i collected autographs and picked up a personalized picture of the National Champion/SuperBowl championship player. A random yet awesome success.

That's all for not, but there's a chance at another random auto tonight as I have heard that Greg Little is signing today at that same grocery store chain, but a different (but close) location. Fingers crossed!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Been swarmed with exams, but finished today and will be posting all successes from the past few days: Following returns range from Saturday 9-29-12 to 10-1-12

1/1 Mike Napoli
    1/1 Max Scherzer
    1/1 Jim Johnson
    1/1 Terry Collins
    2/2 Brad Johnson
    1/1 Dirk Nowitzki (Autoed S.I.)

Going to the Indians game very soon. I hope to log back on with some more successes. Planned on not going to anymore games, but when you get a seat behind home plate for 8 bucks...you don't say no.

Page 10 of 30 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast