Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast

Thread: 100 in 2012 successes

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Damon, Kipnis, and Lowe were pregame. Sipp, Tomlin, and Ubaldo were after at the parking lot. First time there at the lot and it turned out great!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Also, heading to Pittsburgh tomorrow to see the Pirates play with my GF, should be fun!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Damon, Kipnis, and Lowe were pregame. Sipp, Tomlin, and Ubaldo were after at the parking lot. First time there at the lot and it turned out great!

Nice! I still need Damon, Lowe, and Sipp for my Indians collection...don't have any of them yet. I'm hoping to make another trip to Cleveland here before too long to knock some Indians stuff out. Good luck in Pittsburgh; sounds like a fun way to spend a Memorial Day Weekend!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Pittsburgh mostly sucked auto wise. Big shout out here to everybody on the forum who tried to help out, but the usher= huge (insert epithet here).

Allow me to explain. My girlfriend and I went to the game around 5:30 and sat down near the cubs for BP. One or two signed, but nobody good came over and I had nothing for the cubs that came. Most of them...never heard of them in my entire life (let's hope I didn't pull another Jeremy Lin incident here).

Went over to the Pittsburgh Pirates side and awaited for them to come out. Right as they are about to come out, the usher starts throwing people out of the section, claiming that it is PNC park policy to clear those seats around 6:30. I've been to a few different parks this year. NEVER have I EVER been kicked out or heard of such milarky in my life. I even remember saying to the usher that it wasn't listed on the PNC Park guide, but that didn't stop him. Rude you know what. So my hopes were shattered for Andrew McCutchen.

However, later in the game, the PNC Park officials announced that there would be a celebrity bartender at the Pirates HOF bar. The celebrity was Dave Cash, former All-Star 2nd baseman and member of the 1971 Pittsburgh Pirates World Series Team. I immediately went over at got my Pirates checklist signed from Mr. Cash. He also signed another checklist of my father (a longtime fan), and two other sigs for my girlfriend. Mr. Cash is probably one of the nicest and most genuine sports stars I have ever met. I say thank you so much to this man as he saved what was an awful night. Overall, PNC Park is beautiful and the game was fun, but some of the Ushers take their job WAY to seriously.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Indifferent day today as I got two back...but no successes.

One was Adrian Gonzalez of the Boston Red Sox, he sent back my card and a preprint letter. At least I got the card back. The other is Kyle Farnsworth. Sent back just my card, not preprint letter, no sig, nothing.

However, just mailed a HUGE project today and hopefully if it comes back within 6-8 weeks, may be one of my biggest successes this season. Stay posted.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

2 Cards back today from Nyjer Morgan. Solid stuff back, especially after last year when I got my magazine signed. Thanks Mr. Morgan.

Well we're already about half way there. If I want to get this accomplishment, I may have to pick things up a bit...Here's to a strong 2nd half!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Added two more today:

Mark Buehrle & Colby Lewis.

Both are great pitchers and good successes. I'll place the pics up later.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice! Was Buehrle a TTM? He's so hit or miss...

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Yeah that was a TTM. Also, get in contact via PM with me. I'm going to the Twins v Tribe tomorrow. LMK if you have any interests.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

BIG day today at Progressive Field. On Carlos Baerga bobblehead night nonetheless. Went around 1:30ish for Twins BP. One person came up and signed for everybody (on my labtop, all pics should be up later tonight though). Nobody knew who he was, and I was hesitant at getting his auto at first. However, I remembered the other time I did that this year, and that person turned out to be Jeremy Lin. So I got his sig on a '12 Heritage Twins checklist. Talking with some people later (possibly dealers), we thinks it was P.J. Walters.

Later during warm ups, we ended up getting snubbed by both Mauer and Morneau. Which afterwards, i fulfilled a request from my buddy Lambeauleap87. I spread the words my friends. However, both Denard Span and Trevor Plouffe signed, but I only was able to get Plouffe before they all left. Plouffe signed my Twins 2011 Checklist.

Finally, went after the game to the parking garage...once again, Jackpot. First out, Ubaldo Jimenez. Once again, I called his name, and asked politely, and he signed my 2008 card of his. Next was another Shelly Duncan. Signed my sticker.

Next out was Justin Masterson. Sent a TTM early in ST, but never got it back. This man is a stand up act. Went from one end of the fence to the next, signed perhaps 30-40 autos. Autographed my ticket from the game. Also took a picture with a young infant girl, was the sweetest thing I've ever seen a player do.

Auto was followed by autos from Juan Diaz, Vinnie Pestano, Lonnie Chinsenhall, and Aaron Cunningham on my program. Sigs of both Diaz and Cunningham were a little faded, but still look decent. Decided to leave after i missed out on Jose Lopez, but all in all a solid day at the ballpark.

Page 4 of 30 FirstFirst 123456714 ... LastLast