Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

Interesting write-up on entitlements and disposable income

Essentially, the author shows that a head of household making minimum wage has more disposable income than a family making $60K per year due to entitlements. Also shows that a head of household who works one week per month at minimum wage has 92% of the disposable income of the $60K family.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ent...ome-family-mak

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Essentially, the author shows that a head of household making minimum wage has more disposable income than a family making $60K per year due to entitlements. Also shows that a head of household who works one week per month at minimum wage has 92% of the disposable income of the $60K family.

http://www.zerohedge.com/article/ent...ome-family-mak

Yes some people do abuse the system but most do not. What do you suggest. Cut everyone off even those who fell on hard times or those who did not chose to have an abortion and now have no way to take care of their child. Just let innocent babies starve to death because of their sins of their parents? Please let us know. BTW my wife and I do work and recieve no gov't assistance.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

Yes some people do abuse the system but most do not. What do you suggest. Cut everyone off even those who fell on hard times or those who did not chose to have an abortion and now have no way to take care of their child. Just let innocent babies starve to death because of their sins of their parents? Please let us know. BTW my wife and I do work and recieve no gov't assistance.

This does not demonstrate abuse of the system. It demonstrates that the system as it is set up incentivizes people not to work. Don't demagogue the issue with hypotheticals of starving babies, rolling grandma off the cliff, etc. Of course there needs to be a system in place to take care of them. However, the system we have now tells people that it doesn't matter if you become a productive member of society. If you choose not to do so, we'll still take care of you.

SCF Rewards
    Country

This does not demonstrate abuse of the system. It demonstrates that the system as it is set up incentivizes people not to work. Don't demagogue the issue with hypotheticals of starving babies, rolling grandma off the cliff, etc. Of course there needs to be a system in place to take care of them. However, the system we have now tells people that it doesn't matter if you become a productive member of society. If you choose not to do so, we'll still take care of you.

I agree the system does indeed need to be corrected. It's a same that gas is so expensive that it is cheaper to be on unemployment and not have to drive your car to a jobsite than it is to put gas in your car to drive to work. However most of the republicans and some of the democrats do not care about the plight of the common man and weather he eats or nots let alone has a roof over his head.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country

However most of the republicans and some of the democrats do not care about the plight of the common man and weather he eats or nots let alone has a roof over his head.

I disagree with this statement. I believe that most republicans are concerned with the plight of the common man. Hence the "obstructionism" of the reps in congress and the ideas being proposed by the rep presidential candidates.

I actually got this article from Boort'z blog, as I was reading on Santorum's comments in the debate last night re poverty in America.

http://www.boortz.com/weblogs/nealz-...matter-choice/

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tsjct's Items on eBay

I agree the system does indeed need to be corrected. It's a same that gas is so expensive that it is cheaper to be on unemployment and not have to drive your car to a jobsite than it is to put gas in your car to drive to work. However most of the republicans and some of the democrats do not care about the plight of the common man and weather he eats or nots let alone has a roof over his head.

Why is Gas so HIGH? Maybe if Obama would let the pipeline from Canada be built and open up some of the EPA protected areas for drilling gas prices would not be so high. Those darn republicans just drive the cost of gas up everyday.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tsjct's Items on eBay

How about unemployment at 99 weeks?? Is that abuse LOL. I say make them do something for that money instead of turn in BOGUS job applications to stay on unemployment.

SCF Rewards
    Country

How about unemployment at 99 weeks?? Is that abuse LOL. I say make them do something for that money instead of turn in BOGUS job applications to stay on unemployment.

I wouldn't have a problem with more manditory job training classes or other required activities for people recieving unemployment. However speaking as a person who was unemployed for a while I know for a fact that not everyone who is recieving unemployment is sitting on their chops playing video games and drinking beer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

Why is Gas so HIGH? Maybe if Obama would let the pipeline from Canada be built and open up some of the EPA protected areas for drilling gas prices would not be so high. Those darn republicans just drive the cost of gas up everyday.

you're blaming gas prices on Obama? gas has been high for way more than Obama's term. There are many factors that have gas prices up. You insinuating that's it's Obama's fault is rather ridiculous in my opinion.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I agree with this. It might get tricky doing this, but seems like something could be worked out. Sure there becomes some issues with skills and legalities and such, but I always wonder if there's something that some people could to in exchange after a certain amount of time on the service.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast