Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Cratch26's Items on eBay

Excellent returns!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice job on the Heisey and Hultzen. Was able to get both during Spring Training. Hultzen is a super nice guy who signed a ton so hopefully he will continue to be like that.

Thanks! That's awesome you got to meet them!! Hopefully Hultzen can get things figured out in AAA

SCF Rewards
    Country

Thanks!! Sent out my last batch of mailings for a while Saturday. Packing all my stuff now for the big move to Minneapolis Saturday to go back to school

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well the first day of my final week at home before moving back to college started with a bang with 3 great successes.

Mark Melancon: 1/5, can't believe he is down to 1 per
    Out: 8/9/12 In: 8/27/12

I also received 2 email successes:

Les Miles: 1/0
    Email: 8/19 Return: 8/27

Hugh Freeze: 1/0
    Email: 8/19 Return: 8/27

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tonight I went to the doubleheader between the Clinton Lumberkings and Quad Cities River Bandits. We had rain here all day yesterday, so yesterday's game was canceled and tonight they played a doubleheader with both games 7 innings. Tonight reaffirmed how unfriendly the River Bandits are as a team. Only a couple acted like they actually wanted to sign for me. The nice part of it being a doubleheader meant I had double the chances to get autographs!! Here is who I got:

Colin Walsh: 2/2, 1/1 8.5x11, 1/1 MWL ball, pic with
    Walsh is 1 of the top players on the River Bandits and he was a MWL All-Star this year. He was a very nice guy and more than happy to sign 2 different items for me and take a picture. 1 of the few nice guys on the team

Stephen Piscotty: 3/3, 1/1 8.5x11, 1/1 custom index card, 1/1 MWL ball
    Quiet guy, side paneled my baseball even though I asked him to sweetspot :( and inscribing "God Bless!" is a subtle way of making sure I don't sell it. Guess he didn't want to bother asking my name to personalize which I was happy he didn't

Heath Wyatt: 1/1, inscribed "2012 MWL All Star" as I requested. Nice guy!

Nick Martini: 1/1, I'll be honest he was a complete ™™™™™™™. I yelled his name as he came out of the locker room and he ignored me, I was within 2 feet of him as he walked into the clubhouse after game 1 and yelled his name several times and he ignored me, finally I basically made him sign by waiting right by the dugout in the box seats as he was coming in for game 2 where he had to sign so he didn't look bad not signing for a girl in front of several fans
    David Medina: 1/1

Robert Stock: 3/3, he has always been pleasant and happy to sign, even though he has got to have 1 of the worst autographs I have seen!

I also discovered tonight that the souvenir shop had the 2012 MWL top prospect set. I know it's a little late in the season but they'll be good cards to mail out next year. I got Robert Stock, Jabari Blash, and Jordan Shipers. Shipers always smiles at me because the last time he signed photos for me he joked I always have stuff for him to sign. I think it's pretty cool that he recognizes me and talks to me like a normal person instead of a player just talking to another fan.

Jharmidy De Jesus, Stephen Shackleford, Kevin Rivers, Bobby Shore, Jordan Pries, 2012 MWL All-Star card signed by Jamal Austin and Jordan Shipers

Guillermo Pimentel: 5/5
    he signed these before game 2, I had an 8x10 for after game 2 and I actually talked to his dad for a little bit but it was tough since he didn't speak very good English, just like his son, I ended up leaving before Pimentel came out after game 2

Jabari Blash: 1/2
    Jabari Blash, gave him the Xfractor card of this that I had because when I had him sign these last time he liked them so tonight I told him he could keep 1 if he liked them and didn't have them yet. He was very grateful. Hopefully it built up some good karma because I have seen him give away at least 3 bats this season! *fingers crossed*

Dan Paolini: 13/13
    Dan is just tearing the cover off the ball lately! Hit 2 mammoth home runs tonight! I wouldn't be surprised to see him start next season in High-A and eventually AA. I hope so as he is a phenomenal signer and a great guy!

Dillon Hazlett: 8/8
    split these up over the 2 games, also asked him if he'd sign TTM next season if I kept sending him custom cards and he said he could do that.
    Getting this signed by Dan tomorrow
    Finally remembered to bring the batting gloves he gave me earlier in the season to get signed. turned out great!

Ramon Morla: 2/2
    the photo that I got with him turned out ™™™™ty, he couldn't have signed it in a worse spot with a sloppier signature

Bobby Shore: 1/1 on MWL ball
    he is quickly rising up the Mariners message boards for quality prospects, many Mariners bloggers were hoping he would get promoted up to High-A for the last week to make a start up there

Matt Brazis: didn't have anything for him to sign but he is a nice guy and a solid reliever so I got a picture with him to get signed tomorrow

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rindo03461's Items on eBay

Another phenomenal day at the park as far as autographs go... I am going to Low-A Red Sox affiliate Lowell Spinners tonight and bringing some 4x6 photos... I never graphed there but I hear its a jungle and very difficult but we shall see

SCF Rewards
    Country

Awesome stuff as usual. You've just been killing it at the park this year. Would you be willing to trade one of those Paolini's? He's pretty much the only guy from that team with a Pro Debut that I haven't been able to get haha. Let me know.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Another phenomenal day at the park as far as autographs go... I am going to Low-A Red Sox affiliate Lowell Spinners tonight and bringing some 4x6 photos... I never graphed there but I hear its a jungle and very difficult but we shall see

Thanks!! Good luck!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Tonight was the final night the River Bandits were in town for the 2012 season. I went to the game in the bottom of the 7th so I could get in free. The game went 13 innings and the Lumberkings won on a walk-off sac fly to clinch first place in their division for the playoffs. After the game they celebrated with champagne, beer, and cigars in the locker room so after watching them in there a couple minutes and realizing they wouldn't be out for a while I decided not to stay for autographs. It was their night to celebrate and I didn't want to spoil it. I did, however, graph the River Bandits as they came off the field into their clubhouse.

Colin Walsh: 1/1

Nick Martini: 1/1 on MWL ball, didn't seem happy to sign tonight either as he didn't say anything to me when I told him nice game and thanked him for stopping to sign

Tomorrow the Burlington Bees (Oakland A's class A affiliate) come to town for the final home series of the 2012 season and my final team to graph before moving. With the Bees comes top prospect AJ Cole and 11th overall pick from this year's draft Addison Russell. I am allowed to go to batting practice again tomorrow so I hope to snag another 20-30 balls to get signed!!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Great stuff

Page 19 of 68 FirstFirst ... 91617181920212229 ... LastLast