Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

ok thats fine thanks! just lmk and who are you looking for exactly?

any baseball, especially top prospects, or any Houston players for football, basketball, or baseball. Thanks

SCF Rewards
    Country

nice returns.
    Wish the redsox would put them threw to the players pretty sure some of them would sign.

Me too. I've had a lot of success with getting a lot of their minor leaguers

SCF Rewards
    Country

Today I got a return from Astros' minor leaguer Neiko Johnson. This is 1 of my favorites because I follow him on Twitter and he tweeted me one day thanking me for the nice letter and told me he'd sign it ASAP. Well today I received it signed and personalized.
    Also received a signed and personalized 8x10 from Mark Buehrle of the SI cover from his perfect game

Apparently blogspot has a picture GB quota limit and I've reached mine so I can no longer post photos on my blog. I was able to get photos on here by copying them from my blog posts so if anyone has anyway to fix my blogspot issue without having to pay or has other site recommendations let me know! I'd love to be able to post photos on here again!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Well I made the 6 hour drive to Minneapolis with my older sister to see the Phillies-Twins. Anyone that knows anything about me knows I'm a diehard Hunter Pence fan, or was, until Tuesday. I loved Pence on the Astros and cried when he was traded I was such a big fan. As soon as the gates opened, I ran down to the Phillies dugout and he was taking BP. As he left the cage, I yelled his name and held up the sign I made for him. He mouthed he couldn't read it and smiled and gave me a thumbs up. So I thought yay Philly hasn't turned him from the nice guy he was when I met him in Chicago. Then he ran by without signing because he had to do defensive drills. Then he came in and this is where he broke my heart. He came over to sign and almost skipped over me. I had to shove my picture and marker pretty much in his face for him to sign. I got the picture I got with him at Wrigley last year signed, but wanted a picture with him as a Phillie to add to my collection. So as he was signing I asked him for a picture and he said "No you don't need another, you already have one right there." Then he moved to the kid next to me. He was only signing for kids. My buddy, who is in his mid 40s, told Hunter there was a kid next to us wearing his jersey to let him know because the kid wasn't tall enough to see over the wall. Hunter snapped on him saying he's only signing for kids. Then he came back for the kid next to us and put on a fake act for the kid saying hey buddy I like your jersey. Then when he was signing someone else's ball he asked me what my sign said. I told him I drove 6 hours to see him and he didn't say a word. I even had his "Good Game, Let's Go Eat!" shirt on! After Tuesday, I am no longer a Hunter Pence fan. He was a complete ™™™ and prick. My friends that got him outside the stadium before the game said he was an ™™™ too. he was sidepaneling balls and personalizing jerseys. Here is my picture I got signed

I was also able to get Cliff Lee at the hotel as he and Cole Hamels were leaving. Cole completely ignored me. it helped that I was a girl and by myself because neither signed for the guys at the stadium while they entered.

I was also able to get Jonathan Papelbon as he was leaving the field once BP was over.

After the game I got Twins #1 pick Byron Buxton on a Twins mini helmet and got a picture with him. I told him I wished my Astros drafted him and he smiled and laughed, as did his parents.

I also got former Astro Larry Andersen, the pitcher involved in 1 of the worst trades in baseball history that brought my beloved Jeff Bagwell to Houston!!

Even though I got some good autographs, these Phillies autos are my least favorite in my whole collection because I lost my baseball hero in the process (Hunter) and the trip caused a huge argument with my older sister that drove me, so big that we haven't spoken since Wednesday and it was just a bad trip. I just wanna put these autographs in my binder and never look at them again!
    Last edited by clryan5; 06-16-2012 at 04:29 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yesterday brought a return from former Duke Women's basketball standout Abby Waner. She was an amazing shooter and I loved watching her play, except when she was lighting up my Lady Vols. She was just recently hired as an assistant women's basketball coach at the University of Denver so I sent there. Returned in about 5 weeks

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Rindo03461's Items on eBay

Bummer about the Pence story... I can see you were really looking forward to meeting him. He lost a great fan in you. Time to move on as there are many true-hearted great players out there that would appreciate their die-hard fans. On a side not I saw your Pat Neshek auto and he is one of the best guys in my book. However, as such an autograph junkie himself... I am not sure why he keeps signing over his face on so many cards. If that is the only complaint I have against this guy he is still a #1 class act in my book :) Have a great day and thanks for everything you bring to the graphing community

SCF Rewards
    Country

Bummer about the Pence story... I can see you were really looking forward to meeting him. He lost a great fan in you. Time to move on as there are many true-hearted great players out there that would appreciate their die-hard fans. On a side not I saw your Pat Neshek auto and he is one of the best guys in my book. However, as such an autograph junkie himself... I am not sure why he keeps signing over his face on so many cards. If that is the only complaint I have against this guy he is still a #1 class act in my book :) Have a great day and thanks for everything you bring to the graphing community

thanks for the kind words. I appreciate them. And Pat Neshek is a great guy to all of us in this hobby! his autographs couldn't have turned out better on the balls. and I had the exact same thought when I saw the card! Someday Pence will get to redeem himself, maybe sooner rather than later since it sounds like he'll be dealt again at the deadline this year but we will see. He just wasn't nice to anyone in Minneapolis

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Justinwalker1's Items on eBay

Very nice pick ups. I am sorry Pence acted like such an ***. Great job though on the collecting.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Very nice pick ups. I am sorry Pence acted like such an ***. Great job though on the collecting.

Thanks...Go Texans :)

BANNED

Country

do you take 50/50's because i live in Fl and need help with my heritage sets, so I was wondering if you could help me out? Lmk if you cant then i apologize for asking and its no big deal. but lmk.

Page 9 of 68 FirstFirst ... 67891011121959 ... LastLast