Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

I know a lot of members on SCF are planning on coming down to Baltimore for the show. One thing I want to point out, crime in this area has gotten really bad. Just make sure you’re aware of your surrounds and you don’t venture to far away from Pratt Street or the Inner Harbor area. I’ve lived in MD for over 20 years and I will not even walk more than a block or two from the area unless I’m going to the First Mariner Area or the Stadium.

This is the latest story from the Baltimore area:

http://baltimore.cbslocal.com/2012/0...ght-on-camera/

Assistant General Manager

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

For you boxing fans:

Just added to the national

Roy Jones Jr.

Boxer

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Mdskyhawks's Items on eBay

Deffinately will be attending! I just went to my 2nd card show ever a couple weeks ago (And I have collected since 1988)

May even set up with a buddy

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Deffinately will be attending! I just went to my 2nd card show ever a couple weeks ago (And I have collected since 1988)

May even set up with a buddy

See you there.If you get a table lmk the table number.

DON

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

More added to the roster of signings:

Dominique Wilkins

Jack Youngblood

Also, These guests will appear as part of the National VIP Autograph Program:

Roger Wehrli- Former St. Louis Cardinal Defensive Back, Pro Football Hall of Famer

Tom Matte- Former Baltimore Colt Running Back, 2 Time Pro Bowler

Milt Pappas-Former Baltimore Oriole Pitcher, 3 Time All Star With Orioles, Threw a No Hitter with Cubs.

Chris Hoiles-Popular Former Oriole Catcher, Oriole Team Hall of Fame.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Boston Celtics New England Patriots New York Yankees
    See tones2011's Items on eBay

hmm seems like a good idea, will probably go instead of white plans next month so i'll have more money put aside :D

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

World's Largest Sports & Entertainment Collectibles

Show Returning To Charm City

National Sports Collectors Convention - Baltimore Convention Center, August 1 -5, 2012

Woodstock, MD - The multi-billion sports and entertainment collectibles industry is eagerly awaiting the arrival of August 1st. For the second time in three years, Baltimore will host the 33rd Annual National Sports Collectors Convention, August 1st - 5th, at the Baltimore Convention Center.

The five day family-oriented event, which is open to the public, is the largest sports and entertainment collectibles show in the world. It's a place where sports and entertainment collectors, fans and dealers can buy, trade and discuss collecting memorabilia such as; trading cards, vintage game-used equipment, autographs and other sports and entertainment items. They will also have the opportunity to meet, get autographs and even take pictures with athletes scheduled to appear throughout the week.

"The National Sports Collectors Convention is the collectible industry's premier showcase," said Mike Berkus, Founder / National Sports Collectors Convention. "We look forward to returning to Baltimore because of their exceptionally strong sports tradition, diversified fan base and great hospitality."

This event is as important to the city of Baltimore as it is to the collectors. Local businesses such as retailers, downtown restaurants, hotels and rent-a-car companies will benefit financially from the event, with approximately 40,000 collectors, fans and exhibitors converging on the Baltimore Convention Center. The Baltimore Business Journal reported The National Sports Collectors Convention with having the highest (#1 out of 25 top conventions ranked) economic impact in Baltimore during 2010. According to the ranking information, The National's estimated financial impact on Baltimore was $15.48 million.

The National will transform approximately 300,000 sq ft within the Baltimore Convention Center into a sports fan and collectors paradise. The five day event will feature approximately ninety (90) high profile athletes, including current and retired players and Hall of Famers from every sport including; Brooks Robinson, Eddie Murray, Frank Robinson, Cal Ripken, Jim Palmer, John Havlicek, Gordie Howe, Barry Sanders, Ron Turcotte, Barry Larkin, Rod Carew, to name a few, all signing autographs in the Tri-Star Autograph Pavilion. In addition, over seven-hundred fifty (750) high profile dealers from around the country will be exhibiting, including new and vintage game-used memorabilia exhibitors, authentication companies, trading card manufacturers, national auction houses, appraisal companies and sports/entertainment collectible dealers. Many prominent Baltimore and Washington DC exhibitors will be present.

"Baltimore was a great host for our 2010 National." said John Broggi, NSCC Executive Director / Promoter. "We are looking forward to returning to Baltimore in 2012 and creating another exciting and memorable experience for collectors, sports fans and retail merchants throughout Maryland."

For more information on the show and how you can purchase National Sports Collectors Convention admission tickets please visit their official website www.NSCCShow.com. Admission tickets can be pre-purchased on-line and will be available on-site at the Baltimore Convention Center throughout the duration of the event. For an up-date on which athletes are scheduled to sign and to pre-purchase autograph tickets on-line, visit www.TriStarProductions.com. Autograph tickets can be purchased at the event as well.

The National Sports Collectors Convention is the largest sports and entertainment show in the world. It is very exciting to have Baltimore host such an event of this magnitude. This is an opportunity to showcase Charm City and reinforce the rich sports tradition we know exists throughout Maryland.

Contact - Ray Schulte

[email protected]

(410) 350-6226

www.SchulteSports.com

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The Autograph Pavilion at the 33rd National Sports Collectors Convention, scheduled for August 1-5 at the Baltimore Convention Center is shaping up to be a blockbuster loaded with Hall of Famers.

Tristar Productions, which operates the Autograph Pavilion has announced a great group of athletes with a distinct Baltimore flavor. Headlining the event is the athlete most frequently associated with "Charm City", Baltimore Orioles Hall of Famer Cal Ripken Jr. Joining the "Iron Man" will be fellow Orioles Hall of Famers Brooks Robinson, Frank Robinson, Jim Palmer, Eddie Murray and Earl Weaver.

2012 Hall of Fame Inductee Barry Larkin will appear and he will be joined by a contingent of Hall of Famers representing the Cincinnati Reds "Big Red Machine" at the National. Included in this group are Johnny Bench, Joe Morgan, Tony Perez, along with All Time Hit King Pete Rose, Cesar Geronimo, Dave Concepcion, Ken Griffey Sr and George Foster. Cardinal Hall of Famers Lou Brock, Bob Gibson, Ozzie Smith and Whitey Herzog will be on hand along with Steve Carlton, Ralph Kiner, Bruce Sutter, Billy Williams, Fergie Jenkins, Jim Bunning, Phil Niekro, Rickey Henderson, Reggie Jackson, Rich "Goose" Gossage, Jim Rice, Carlton Fisk, Robin Yount, Bill Mazeroski and Red Schoendienst.

Other sports have not been neglected! Football is also well represented. Hall of Famers Barry Sanders, Bob Griese, Randy White, Rod Woodson and Jack Youngblood have been announced. Hockey Superstar Alex Ovechkin and Hall of Famer Gordie Howe will be signing at this years National. Basketball greats including Hall of Famers John Havlicek and "The Human Highlight Film" Dominique Wilkins are joined by Gary Payton (a future Hall of Famer) and Darryl Dawkins. Triple Crown winning jockeys Steve Cauthen, Ron Turcotte and Jean Cruguet will appear along with Roy Jones Jr, boxing great who held world championships in 4 different weight classes. Softball Legend Jennie Finch will also be a signer.

General Admission Tickets and VIP Packages (which provide 12 or 18 free VIP autographs, an exclusive gift package, a VIP Reception on Wednesday afternoon and early admission to the show each day) are currently on sale through the National's web site at www.NSCCShow.com

A limited number of exhibit booths are still available for the 33rd National Sports Collectors Convention. Contact Megan in the National Office at 732-735-6683 or email [email protected]

SCF Rewards
    Country

Ordered my SuperVIP Ticket! I Can't wait, i have never been to a National before. Looking forward to seeing the full list of VIP signers, and also browsing the 600+ tables of cards.

Just had a few questions on how to go about collecting the free VIP Autographs. I know that signers will be attending different times, so do i need to attend at the time of their signing session to recieve auto? Or is there possibly a better way like being able to grab them all at once toward the end of the show? Also was wondering if there's anything else a serious collector might miss out on that's a must do/see during the week of the show.

Thanks guys for any input, and love the site! Mainly a internet (ebay) buyer but have enjoyed coming on here in recent months reading other collectors post's and opinions.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Ohio State Buckeyes Detroit Red Wings

Greetings:
    DunkNgoNuts for the Autographs like you stated they are appearing at different times so you cant wait until the end to get them all. Some of the things ya might want to do is locate well me *lol* if your there opening night then Ill be glad to walk with ya point things out ya might be intrested in and so forth I am attending my 7th National and I always like seeing the look on someones face whos never been there cause I recall my first one my eyes lit up like I woke up in a fanastyland of card shops etc...... My friend whom I am going with the 3rd time to a National had a blast the first time he attended one in 2010 when it was in Baltimore and it took him 25 secs to turn to me as soon we walked in that he was telling me to book him for Chicago last summer. Believe me there is a bunch to do from doing box breaks to get cool stuff from the companies to seeing stuff ya normally wouldnt see at local shows or shops meet interesting people I recall the first time I met Doniceage we talked about a good 20 mins about the site at the SCF booth and other stuff and you can put names to faces there too while at the SCF booth. I had someone come up to me in 2010 and even though I had a nametag on with my pic on here and the name I go by here thought I was some old guy in his 70s cause he never clicked on my webpage but saw some of my comments and knowledgable things about cards so he was surprised I was younger then he expected. The main thing about the National is to soak it in and admire the hobby of collecting sports cards anything sports related if you dont collect the cards. I hope this answers ya question if not PM me and Ill try to answer anymore questions ya might have about it. Oh Doniceage I am still waiting to hear back from the guy about the shirts still
    Last edited by BSEBALLCOMMISH75; 04-19-2012 at 11:40 PM. Reason: mentioning something to Doniceage
    "Any ballplayer that doesn't sign Autographs for little kids Ain't an American. He is a Communist"-Rogers Hornsby on Signing an Autograph as a Manager in 1942 with the St. Louis Browns.
    S.R.'75

Page 10 of 41 FirstFirst ... 7891011121320 ... LastLast