Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Chicago Bulls Phoenix Suns

BigAl_83 - Al Jefferson

BigAl_83 - Al Jefferson

BigAl_83 has achieved Super Collector Status with his collection of Al Jefferson.

161 Different Autographs (45.09%)

269 Different Game-Used (47.19%)

36 True Rookie Cards (90%)

Here's a link to my Al Jefferson album on photobucket: http://s808.photobucket.com/albums/z...efferson%20PC/

I started collecting Al Jefferson late 2007, a few months before he got traded from the Celtics to the Timberwolves. The thing that made me want to collect Big Al is that I really admire the skill level Big Al has. In a time where most teams are happy to have a big man that just clogs the lane, Big Al stands out. He has a huge array of post moves (left and right hook shots, up-and-under, face-up, back to the basket and a silky smooth mid-range jumper). As a general NBA fan you cannot help but love his game.
    From what i have read and seen in interviews Al is also a good person. Among many things he helps children and families in need in his hometown. He has not forgotten where he came from and is a real down to earth guy, which is rare in today's basketball and something i really appreciate. He has the potential to be a future all-star, but his cards are still affordable which really helps when you are not on an unlimited budget.

Here is his Al Jefferson Top 10:

10) 07-08 UD Black Jsy/Patch /25
    2 green jersey pieces which have to be from his Celtics jersey, and 2 patch pieces that show the blue which has got to be from a Twolves jersey. Cant think of any set that has a single player card with jersey and patch pieces from different team jerseys.

9) 07-08 Premier Auto/Jsy Melo/BigAL /25
    I love the theme on these opening night cards, and in person the bright green and blue jersey swatches look really great together, and two great on-card auto's of AL and Melo!

8) 04-05 Exquisite RC Patch/Auto /225
    Was doubting to put this in my top 10 because almost every top 10 contains an exquisite rc auto/patch. But ive seen many of these on eBay and a lot of them have one color patches, this one actually has a nice patch, and from what ive seen the only card he signed full name, as he always signs cards BigAL. And well its still one the best rookie auto's you can get for your PC, so it deserves to be in my top 10.

7) 08-09 SP Authentic Varsity Letter Auto /5
    Definitely not the best card in my collection, but i was so excited getting this.
    I had bought a box of 06-07 Sweet Shot in the summer of '09 and pulled a Corey Maggette not numbered auto which only had a few weeks before it expired. Tried to redeem it but got the message it was not produced. Had to ask for a replacement, logically i asked for Al Jefferson (with a few superstars which i knew i wouldn’t get). After sending a few reminders that i hadn’t received anything yet, early 2010 i got a package in from upper deck. I opened it and saw in the letter it was my replacement for the Maggette. Once i saw that i got an Al Jefferson /5 auto for my PC i was pumped like crazy. I know its not a super high value card, but to get something that nice for just a unnumbered Magette auto was a pretty good deal!

6) 04-05 SP Signature Triple Auto AL/Bird/Pierce /25
    Really loved the idea behind this triple auto: Past, Present and Future. My first and only L.Bird auto. Three very clean and nice on-card auto's and BigAL's rookie year!

5) 10-11 National Treasures Logoman/Auto /4
    Only Autographed Logoman i have of BigAL. But not nearly as nice as the 1/1 NT Logoman there are for certain players. Would have put it higher on my list if it was on-card and not sticker auto.

4) 05-06 SP Authentic Triple TMac/BigAL/D.Howard /15
    My first High-end card i got of AL. And to this date still one of my fav cards, really love the color combos because of the three different teams. Super nice and big on-card auto's, and best of all it is also numbered 7/15 which is BigAL's jersey number!!

3) 08-09 Exquisite Triple Jsy/Auto BigAL/Love/Brewer /3
    One of the cornerstones of my collection. With Love's recent rampage through the league leaderboards I’m really happy to have this card. It is from K.Love 08-09 rookie year and easily one of his best rookie cards. And since i also have the Exquisite dual auto/jsy of Love/BigAL /5 those two cards look great together.

2) 07-08 Exquisite Scripted Swatches Garnett/BigAL /5
    Had to have this card for my collection. Garnett and Jefferson are forever linked because of their trade. With Garnett winning the title and being a future HOF candidate, possibly the best High-end card in my collection.

1) 08-09 Premier Preeminence Auto 1/1
    Most might say this is not the best card in my collection by a long shot, but then you would only look at the value. Why put this at 1? This card will always be special to me as it is my first cornerstone card. My first 1/1 autograph card with an amazing light design that brings out the on-card auto perfectly. This card jump started it all, to the collection it is today and earned me a spot in the Hall of Fame Super Collector. Which I’m honoured to be part of!

Last edited by Jay520; 06-12-2012 at 11:12 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Oklahoma City Thunder Cleveland Cavaliers Miami Heat
    See lantern-marsh's Items on eBay

Terrific collection! Been awhile since we've seen a super collector - this is a great one!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice stuff!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice collection mate some sweet cards above esp that dual script swatch also like the 07 08 exq emblms in your bucket

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See beller20nba's Items on eBay

Thanks guys! Really excited to be Super Collector with my Al Jefferson PC.
    Here are some other nice ones that didnt make the top 10, had to make some hard choices

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Nice stuff! I love that premier set.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See beller20nba's Items on eBay

Finally got this one in!

10-11 Totally Certified Emerald Green Auto /5!!

Should have bought it a few months ago would have been much cheaper than the 50 bucks i had to pay now.

At least i got the patch for a super cheap 8 bucks a few months back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

amazing cards, nice pickups with those emeralds with the craziness surrounding those now days.

congrats on the achievement of becoming a super collector!

SCF Rewards
    Country

amazing collection

SCF Rewards
    Country

Nice collection! I've got an 08-09 fleer hot prospects Big Al auto/jersey #'d/5. Would you be interested?

Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast