Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 64653545556575859 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Picture of a touching moment from yesterdays Braves vs Marlins game. Fredi Gonzalez (Braves Mgr.) & Juan Pierre (Marlins) both came over to see, hug and give their condolences to my Mom for the recent passing of my Dad. Both Fredi & JP know me from ST and would always come over to talk to my parents when I would take them to the ballpark. Extremely kind and professional for any MLB'er to do something like this. Yeah, there are still a few nice ones out there.

class move!

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

^ So much respect for those two guys. Also sorry to hear about your family's loss!

SCF Rewards
    Country

What an awesome gesture...gives me goose-bumps. Sorry about your family's loss, you're in my thoughts!

BANNED

Blog Entries
    Country
    Houston Astros LSU Tigers
    See cademinton's Items on eBay Instagram: Packrip.com Traders COMC Cards For Sale

Your family is in my prayers. That is a great gesture!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Really sorry to hear about your family's loss.. thoughts & prayers

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See lizard-jd's Items on eBay

Sorry to hear about your dad. What a beautiful moment though captured in that photo. Really classy move by Gonzalez and Pierre.

^ So much respect for those two guys. Also sorry to hear about your family's loss!

What an awesome gesture...gives me goose-bumps. Sorry about your family's loss, you're in my thoughts!

Your family is in my prayers. That is a great gesture!

Really sorry to hear about your family's loss.. thoughts & prayers

Guys, thank you so very much for all your kind words and thoughts. Growing up we all have heroes in sports, movies or political areas but my Dad was my real hero. I'll always miss him.
    --------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
    TTMs for the week:

Failure - Larry Csonka wants minimum $50 for one of his 8x10s. He sent the shown bio-card.

Heisman Project, after 10 sigs I said I likely wouldn't risk sending to any more but... I now have 30% of all living winners or 17 sigs. The last 3 additions are Paul Hornung, Herschel Walker and Eric Crouch.

Willie Brown, signed 2 CICs. I had tried him twice before without success but saw that Riggs got him by sending to Raiders.

Bobby Bowden
    , signed 2 CICs - incredibly fast return.

Rick Mirer, signed 2 CICs plus included 2 of his own cards signed too.

Emerson Boozer, signed 2 CICs, an IC, two multiplayer 8x10s (will scan in future) & wrote a very nice note that included an inventory of what he had signed. I love how fan friendly Mr. Boozer is with all of us - why can't they all be like this?

Ed Hochuli (NFL Referee), signed 2 CICs, my SI Cover & wrote a nice TY on my LOR & signed that too.

Richard & Maurice Petty, both signed my 8x10. I really like how this piece turned out.
    Last edited by lizard-jd; 09-30-2013 at 04:39 PM.

SCF Rewards
    Country

sweet Willie Browns, Those turned out nice. Very Jealous of the Petty success. Did you ask Maurice to have Richard sign it or vise versa, or did it just get returned like that? I just got back the same 8x10 with Maurice's signature but not King sig. But i also didnt ask for it.

SCF Rewards
    Country

sweet Willie Browns, Those turned out nice. Very Jealous of the Petty success. Did you ask Maurice to have Richard sign it or vise versa, or did it just get returned like that? I just got back the same 8x10 with Maurice's signature but not King sig. But i also didnt ask for it.

It wasn't as easy as you may think. I initially sent it addressed to both of them. Came back in a week signed by only Richard. So I resent it again to only Maurice and received it signed 30 days later. Took two separate trips to the same address but I can't complain. I really liked the way it turned out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

TTMs for the past week plus. In the future, I will likely not do very many success post(s) on here. However, I will try to keep the TTMM current with my daily successes.

Miles Austin, signed 8x10 but it took over 2 1/2 years.

Greg Landry, signed 2 CICs. I really like the one from the USFL.

Dwight Hicks, signed a CIC, kept his & signed a nice TY IC.

Matt Stover, signed 2 CICs plus included his own signed card.

Bennie Blades, UM standout & CFHOF'er, signed 2 CICs.

Donny Anderson[/U], CFHOF'er signed 2 CICs.

John Schmitt, SB III Champ signed 2 multiplayer 8x10s (not scanned) very quick return.

Jamie Moyer, signed 2 CICs. Certainly made the most of his pitching talents.

Sometimes I get some incredible successes but these next two are some of my favorites of 2013. Not only did Jason Grilli personalize my SI Cover but he did something I never expected. I made a custom "Pirates Shark Tank" and he got the other guys (still with the club) to sign the picture - very classy and very cool! How many MLB'ers do you think would do something like that?

SCF Rewards
    Country

That shark tank photo is AWESOME. Congrats on some sick stuff.

Page 56 of 66 FirstFirst ... 64653545556575859 ... LastLast