Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Santorum applauds preacher who tells non christians to get out of america

And this is the guy who you want for president? You do know if he takes away the 1st amendment (freedom of religion) that will also supress your freedom of speech too. You will also not have any legal protections to be christian since you threw the first amendment away.

http://www.examiner.com/political-bu...out-of-america
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I didn't care about Jeremiah Wright, so I don't really care about Rick Terry (or whatever the pastor's name is).

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See j80rice's Items on eBay

i'm sorry, i find this hilarious. You spent a year telling anyone who would listen that we can't view obama based on the words of his preacher. You spent a year being downright angry if anyone used quotes from obama's spiritual advisor and now you want to classify santorum based on the words of this guy?

also, your source loses ALL credibility when it twice refers to obama's "vague" ties to reverend wright. Oh, ok, so the man attends his church for years and calls him his spiritual advisor but they only have "vague" ties? come on man!

and, just so it doesn't get lost and used to side track, i think any preacher who says this is an idiot and anyone who supports the preacher who said this is an idiot.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I didn't care about Jeremiah Wright, so I don't really care about Rick Terry (or whatever the pastor's name is).

I agree. I highly doubt that Santorum believes what the preacher said and just because he attended or praised the preacher doesn't mean they are one in the same and believe all of the same thoughts and have the same opinions.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I wouldn't put to much of this on Santorum. It is disturbing though to think that one of Santorum's biggest backers, Family Research Council President Tony Perkins, has a much stronger connection to this wingnut.

When you think about it, the whole diatribe by this preacher sounds like something you would find in reverse in a Muslim country.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

To me, the difference is that Obama has never stated that he agreed with Wright or his views. The only tie there is he attended his church for a number of years.

Santorum has publicly espoused views similar to those of Terry. Calling Mormonism a cult, equating gay marriage to incest and bestiality (and in the same breath saying we have no right to privacy; apparently he failed at Constitution 101), saying the West Bank is Israeli land and that there is no such thing as Palestinians... I could go on.

Let's not forget Santorum also has brought race into Obama's views on abortion and his views on welfare-- not sure exactly why race has a place in those discussions.

If he somehow gets the GOP nomination, the fiscal conservatives of the world need to split off and form their own party. Santorum has stated publicly that he isn't a fiscal conservative and that we should not have a reasonable expectation or even a right to privacy.

Do you really want someone like that as a candidate of a party that claims to support small government and the individual?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

To me, the difference is that Obama has never stated that he agreed with Wright or his views. The only tie there is he attended his church for a number of years.

Santorum has publicly espoused views similar to those of Terry. Calling Mormonism a cult, equating gay marriage to incest and bestiality (and in the same breath saying we have no right to privacy; apparently he failed at Constitution 101), saying the West Bank is Israeli land and that there is no such thing as Palestinians... I could go on.

Let's not forget Santorum also has brought race into Obama's views on abortion and his views on welfare-- not sure exactly why race has a place in those discussions.

If he somehow gets the GOP nomination, the fiscal conservatives of the world need to split off and form their own party. Santorum has stated publicly that he isn't a fiscal conservative and that we should not have a reasonable expectation or even a right to privacy.

Do you really want someone like that as a candidate of a party that claims to support small government and the individual?

I can see this argument. I still wouldn't link the preachers words with santorums. Santorum has said plenty of things that give people enough to question his position. I see no way santorum wins the nomination and if he did Obama walks to his second term.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

The article is titled "Santorum Applauds..." but if you read the article there is no direct quote or comment from Santorum on the pastor's statement. The words "Santorum Applauds" are a complete fabrication by an author who is heavy on agenda and extremely short on credibility.

The simple reality is that the author uses a blatant lie in his title.

Santorum attended this church one time. Obama attended Wright's church for years. That says more than anything else about which of these men should be associated with the words of the pastor in question.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

The article is titled "Santorum Applauds..." but if you read the article there is no direct quote or comment from Santorum on the pastor's statement. The words "Santorum Applauds" are a complete fabrication by an author who is heavy on agenda and extremely short on credibility.

The simple reality is that the author uses a blatant lie in his title.

Santorum attended this church one time. Obama attended Wright's church for years. That says more than anything else about which of these men should be associated with the words of the pastor in question.

You do not know that "Santorum applauds" is a fabrication. What the article does, is quote the sermon that was performed during Santorum's visit to the church. Not knowing what happens in baptist churches I made the assumption that the audience applauded the pastor at the end of his sermon. I also assumed that Santorum applauded too. Is that an unreasonable assumption?

Edit: I did a google search and found Santorum's comments on the visit. He claims that he does not agree with the pastor and that he did not clap when the comments were made. I will take him at his word, although he did not specify whether or not he clapped at the end of the sermon.
    Last edited by habsheaven; 03-21-2012 at 03:05 PM. Reason: follow up

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I just think this is a non-issue.
    Last edited by pghin08; 03-21-2012 at 03:09 PM.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast