Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country

Spike Lee settles for retweeting wrong address

This guy is a scumbag...First Class!

SANFORD, Fla. (AP) — An elderly couple has reached a settlement with Spike Lee after the pair said they had to leave their Florida home after the director help spread a Twitter posting listing their address as that of the man who shot an unarmed teen.
    The couple's attorney, Matt Morgan, announced the settlement Thursday. Morgan says Lee called them to apologize for retweeting their address. Specifics of the settlement weren't disclosed.
    Elaine and David McClain are in their 70s and say they have a son named William George Zimmerman, who lived in their Sanford area home in the mid-1990s. They say he is no relation to 28-year-old George Zimmerman, who killed 17-year-old Trayvon Martin on Feb. 26.
    The killing has touched off widespread protests around the country and expressions of outrage — including from Lee and other celebrities — because Zimmerman was not arrested. The neighborhood watch volunteer has said he acted in self-defense.

"At this point in time, we have come to an agreement with Spike Lee and his attorneys, and at this point, the matter is fully resolved," Morgan said. "Spike has agreed to compensate the McClains for their loss and for the disruption into their lives. He's taken full responsibility."
    [Related: Geraldo Rivera finds the "real" culprit]
    Lee tweeted late Wednesday: "I Deeply Apologize To The McClain Family For Retweeting Their Address. It Was A Mistake. Please Leave The McClain's In Peace."
    Morgan added that Lee also called the McClains to apologize personally.
    "He was really kind," Elaine McClain said. "And when he called us, you could just tell he really felt bad about it. And it was just a slip, and I just know that he really, really has been concerned."
    A production company representative for Lee in New York had no comment.
    Collecting Oneil Cruz, Liover Peguero, Joey Bart, Julio Rodriguez, Corbin Carroll, Adley Rutschman, Gunnar Henderson

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Yes he is, but if the McClain's are satisfied, so am I. He wronged them, not me or you. If they say it's over, it's over.

Do The Right Thing was a good movie, but apparently advice Mr. Lee decided against.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Shouldn't have happened in the first place. If that happened to you, a fat check would make everything instantly better? They'll always remember that nightmare for the rest of their lives.
    Yes he is, but if the McClain's are satisfied, so am I. He wronged them, not me or you. If they say it's over, it's over.

Do The Right Thing was a good movie, but apparently advice Mr. Lee decided against.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Shouldn't have happened in the first place. If that happened to you, a fat check would make everything instantly better? They'll always remember that nightmare for the rest of their lives.

Yes. You or I might take it further or be angrier about it, but it didn't happen to us. It happened to the McClain's and if the McClain's say it's over I have enough respect to leave it at that.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

Apolgies and buy-offs don't change the fact that he tried to put Zimmerman's family in danger.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See gladdyontherise's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale

Apolgies and buy-offs don't change the fact that he tried to put Zimmerman's family in danger.

That part is suppose to be forgot about.......
    Click banner for tradelist
    Hidden Content
    Dan LeFevour PC 192/283

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I'm not saying it should be "forgotten".
    I'm saying if the McClain's want it to end WE ALL need to respect that. Even those of us who believe we're on their side.

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm not saying it should be "forgotten".
    I'm saying if the McClain's want it to end WE ALL need to respect that. Even those of us who believe we're on their side.

I think you're missing the point. Lee's motive was to have Zimmerman and/or his family to be harmed.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

I think you're missing the point. Lee's motive was to have Zimmerman and/or his family to be harmed.

Then why are you stuck on the fact that he retweeted the wrong address?

OPG Staff

SCF Rewards
    Country

Then why are you stuck on the fact that he retweeted the wrong address?

Because he put the same danger onto some random people and they could've been killed/hurt because Lee wanted that to happen to Zimmerman, but was wrong.

I'm happy that they didn't get hurt, but it doesn't change the fact that what Lee did was so wrong on many levels.

Let's just say Zimmerman does get charged with murder; nobody should still be giving out what they think is his address. People are crazy, and giving away an address that you can't verify is real is beyond dumb.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast