Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (21)
    Country

Question Do people not want free cards?

I offer free cards with our trades/sales about 95% of the time...They arent Relics or Autos but they are Rookies/ReFractors or #ed inserts...3 times out of 10 sales/trades I have gotten people saying they didnt like the free card or didnt want it..One person gave me a bad rating because of it

Do people not want free cards or are my cards that bad?

SCF Rewards
    Country

I had that issue once with someone on the old Beckett forums...I made a trade with a big Tigers fan, and threw in an old Nate Cornejo (who was decent at the time...) jersey card as an extra surprise. It wasn't in the greatest shape, and they called me out on it.

I don't get some people. Anytime someone throws in extras, it makes me smile...I try to do the same, but I have no clue how people get upset about it.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    See sp0odini's Items on eBay

People don't appreciate kindness in this hobby sometimes.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See ajw9356's Items on eBay

I think it's cool to get some extras, especially when they are similar to what you are getting. If you get an extra base card of a no name, I call it backing the card. Something cool with like getting some rookies of some others from the same team, nice. Should never warrant rude replies or negative feedback if it's free. Some people are just plain annoying and too simple minded to recognize a nice jesture.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (21)
    Country

I do it just as a thank you :) and if they need a card I dont need :)

Advisor

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Navy
    Atlanta Braves Tennessee Volunteers Tennessee Titans

I send free cards quite often and have never had anyone complain or leave negative so far.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've received free cards and never had a problem with it. In some instances I even mention in the feedback thanking them for the extra card. Here is one from 3/26 where a member here threw in an extra RC for me.

Having returned from the hobby after about a year layoff I have noticed quite a big change. I've been an online trader for 7 years and I can tell you the atmosphere was much better in previous years then in 2012. Then again the economy was better then too.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (21)
    Country

I've received free cards and never had a problem with it. In some instances I even mention in the feedback thanking them for the extra card. Here is one from 3/26 where a member here threw in an extra RC for me.

Having returned from the hobby after about a year layoff I have noticed quite a big change. I've been an online trader for 7 years and I can tell you the atmosphere was much better in previous years then in 2012. Then again the economy was better then too.

Amen

SCF Rewards
    Country

I offer free cards with our trades/sales about 95% of the time...They arent Relics or Autos but they are Rookies/ReFractors or #ed inserts...3 times out of 10 sales/trades I have gotten people saying they didnt like the free card or didnt want it..One person gave me a bad rating because of it

Do people not want free cards or are my cards that bad?

I think you found the 3 most ungrateful people on the planet, what are the odds? If you (or anyone) sent me any free card, and it's happened on Ebay, I would be thankful. I think this is just more of a sad reflection of the way people treat eachother anymore.

Country
    See phenomenalcards's Items on eBay

I've sent out free cards plenty of times as well, never heard anything negative about it though.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast