Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Stars
    See 7robbo1983's Items on eBay COMC Cards For Sale Upper Deck ePack

Red face It's probably been posted before, but....

BCCG graded cards are crap. What is Beckett trying to do? And why do they keep insisting on putting little arrows in their graded card listings saying a BCCG 10 Mint or better card has been selling in the blah blah blah range. Who cares? Stick with BGS, PSA and SGC. The rest need time to make a name for themselves, and hopefully won't shoot themselves in the foot like BCCG.

Good grief it's crap.

SCF Rewards

It's basically not even crap, but less than crap. They only consider BCCG a "review" service, so you aren't even getting a professional grading. Stick with PSA, or if you like modern graded items, BGS is not bad, but anything else...forget it.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Stars

I just don't like the way BCCG was introduced into the market. People were buying it up on ebay a while back thinking it was BGS. All it was was BS. Then a few months later, Beckett put little blurbs into their magazines about it. It just doesn't make any sense, expect of course it must make Beckett some cents.

SCF Rewards

yes, I bought a few BCCG graded cards when they first came out (thank God I didnt pay BGS price) and I got a Ville Nieminen Topps Chrome Refractor RC BCCG 10...theres a friggen dent or something on the front...I dont know how they missed that

On another note, has anyone ever seen a BCCG that wasnt a 10?? I dont think I have...a card must be ripped in half to get a 9

SCF Rewards

I think if it was ripped in half they would give it a 9.5, ripped into pieces might give you your 9....

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Dallas Stars

BCCG Slabs ANYTHING

I just got the new Baseball Annual at the card shop I work at, and it's got a free BCCG 10 Ricky Henderson from 1995 Topps. A base card, graded. Wow. I think it's worth about 50 cents. What a waste of a slab. Why slab something that's a 50 cent card? And it's a Mint or Better. It's not a 10. Good grief! Even if it was a 10, would you pay a lot for a 1995 Ricky Henderson Topps card?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See IggyWH's Items on eBay

BCCG's really are crap... if you look at the fine print, a BCCG 10 is a "mint or better" card.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See CaliforniaSoxfan's Items on eBay

Can you open up the cases? I have a Tyson Chandler rookie card that's graded 10 from BCCG and after looking at it, it's flawless. I think that the guy I bought it from was too cheap to get it graded by BCG or PSA and took the cheap route. I'm tempted to crack it open and have it graded by one of those services

See rentalmom's Items on eBay

A few of them will crack it for ya and regrade it.
    Might be something to look into

I hope this helps a little

SCF Rewards

PSA has a crossover service, where they will regrade and reslab your cards done by other companies. However, if the grade on the card isn't so hot, I would suggest cracking the card from the case so as not to influence the new grader in any way...certainly can't hurt!