Looking for help on a book value of a Starting Lineup

I have a Kenner Starting Lineup figure of Jerry Rice from 1989 in the original package and everything. If I'm correct in what I was reading, this is Rice's second Starting Lineup figure.

So, if someone could tell me the book value of this figure in the original package, that'd be great. Thanks.

I don't know what the "book" value on the Rice figure is... but the bottom fell out of SLU's a couple years ago. This auction claims the book value is $75 but as you can see from it's final price, the book doesn't mean squat since SLU's really aren't collected anymore :

http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...&category=2489

Yeah, I kind of figured the bottom fell out of the Starting Lineups a long time ago. Even in the past few years, you've gotten the Sports Picks coming out which put the Starting Lineups to shame.

I really have no intentions on selling it. I was just kind of curious what the approximate book on it was, especially since I got it for free. Thanks a bunch.

oooohhhh!! very nice!!

I don't have that one. But I do have his 1991 and 1998.

I figure, one day, I'll find the rest of his SLUs for sale cheap as can be.

Am a big Rice fan

You can look up "book price" on SLUs on tuff stuff's web sight. That will tell you how accurate the price is to begin with. I wouldn't believe it for a second that these are worth anywhere near book. I tried to sell $400 book value of SLU for $40 and nobody was even remotly interested.

Heck even my $75 Mark McGwire 2nd year SLU doesn't even fetch more than $10 on a lucky day...

When McFarlane came out, all SLUs became worthless.

Yeah, I checked Tuff Stuff online right afterwards, and it did say $75.

Ya know, it sure is a whole lot better to say "Yeah, it's worth $75" than saying "Well, I can sell it for $7 on eBay", true?

Originally posted by Darth Dorn
    Yeah, I checked Tuff Stuff online right afterwards, and it did say $75.

Ya know, it sure is a whole lot better to say "Yeah, it's worth $75" than saying "Well, I can sell it for $7 on eBay", true?
    People always want to make what they got sound like it's worth more...

That's why I get into debates with some eTopps people. Some think since 2001 Soriano was his first eTopps card than it's a rookie... sure everyone wants to call their card a rookie because that means premium value, but the fact remains Soriano had cards produced in '99 so no '01 card can be a rookie.

I have no problem in saying something is worth the book value if I have no intentions at all to sell it or trade it.

If, however, I am trading or selling something and there's a difference between the online pricing and the book value of something, I'll go with the online pricing because of the fact that that's what it's currently go for.