Thread: Question about storage pages

Question about storage pages

For those plastic card pages(sheets) with nine spots each,The Ulbra pro has silver and platinum packs. the silver is 15 dollars canadian for 100 and the platinum is 17 dollars canadian for 100. The vendor said that even the manufacturer can't tell him the difference between the 2. So I bought the cheaper one. But on the silver's box it says "look for other Ultra pro products especially designed for collectable cards." So is there a difference after all?
    When I was inserting the cards some interfered with the edges of the pockets. I see very little whitening on the edges of the card. But many were like that just out of the booster packs. Can the edges of the plastic cut or scratch the edges of cards? And if it was platnium pages will that make a difference? And the cards seem to be very easily falling out of the pockets. I found a lot of cards with their top popping out of the pockets. I have to not tilt the binder upside down or the cards will pop out the binder. the 2 sides of the pockets seem to be loose from each other. Will the platinum be better? How is the platinum better anyways?

they can. i would reccommend putting all the cards in penny sleves before you put them in the card pages.

Quote Originally Posted by thesmith00
    they can. i would reccommend putting all the cards in penny sleves before you put them in the card pages.
    Really? I didn't know that. So they have already damaged my cards already? And how are the platinum ones exactly better?

Is it possible to have a perfect card? Every one of them I have seen have some little whitening the edges or corners. Seems to be line that when the cards were cut. Is that right?

What's the standard for cards? If there are a little bit of whitening along the edges does that mean that it's now worthless and no longer collectable?

it doesnt mean it is no longer collecitable it just lowers the value, but if the collection is for ur purpose only it doesnt matter,

matt

Quote Originally Posted by golfermatt91
    it doesnt mean it is no longer collecitable it just lowers the value, but if the collection is for ur purpose only it doesnt matter,

matt
    I went to a card store today and their cards seem to also have some imperfections along the edges. Like a slightly rubbed corner etc... I can't seem to find one that is like perfect by geometric definitions.

None of them are perfect.Just make sure when you pull a card or buy it off ebay or a seller make sure
    1.The card is sent and received and kept in a sleeve then top loader
    2.Have the Ebay selller or just seller simply take the top loader bc cards tend to slip out of the toploaders sometimes.
    3.Just take care of your cards

I wouldn't reccomend pages,I would actually just take a shoe box and put the cards in sleeves and then in toploaders and stack them.If you need help I'm always open for a pm.

Are sports cards all laminated? The non sport cards (pokemon, magic, overpower etc..) are Very easy to damage.