Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Raped Woman DENIED contraception....because of religious views!

Boy, I hate doing another Thread dealing with this issue, but I feel the need to bring this story up to those that have not heard about it.

Ok, so here's the story:

Quote Originally Posted by article
    A Tampa, Fla., woman identified in court records as “R.W.” was raped.

After visiting a rape crisis center in Tampa, she was prescribed emergency contraception as a precaution. She took one contraceptive pill immediately and intended to take a second pill 12 hours later as a doctor had instructed, court records said.

But R.W. almost didn’t get to take that second pill. In the process of filing a report on the rape, a Tampa police officer discovered that there was an arrest warrant for R.W. She was taken to jail, and everything she had with her was confiscated – including her pill.

The next morning, R.W. asked permission to take the second pill but was denied by jail employee Michele Spinelli because it conflicted with Spinelli’s religious beliefs.

^WHAT?!?!?

A raped woman is denied contraceptive by another human because it was against the OTHER person's religious views???

WHAT?!?!?

I'm speechless....

http://www.au.org/blogs/wall-of-sepa...eption-can-sue

So, those of you that read this story are probably wondering, HOW CAN THIS HAPPEN???

Well, here's how!:

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Conscie...ause_(medical)

In CERTAIN parts of the U.S, pharmacists, physicians, and other providers of health care can choose NOT to provide certain medical services for reasons of religion or conscience. Those who choose not to provide services may not be disciplined or discriminated against.

So, if you're Pro-Life and you believe Contraception such as the Morning after pill is going to deny the life of a potential human, you can DENY that contraception based on YOUR religious beliefs.

Ladies and Gentlemen.....these are the things that drive me literally nuts!

If you choose to believe in whatever you believe....that's perfectly fine....but to DENY contraception or any other health care to another human based on YOUR religious views....that is UNACCEPTABLE!
    Last edited by JustAlex; 07-03-2012 at 02:49 AM.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

For the first time, I find myself in agreement with JustAlex. I know i'm shocked as well.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Here was the link where we previously discussed this topic:

https://www.sportscardforum.com/threa...-contraception

Although I don't believe in abortion and feel that it is legalized murder I also believe that the guard who is a representative of the state and must adhere to all federal, state and local laws was way out of line for denying the prisoner access to birth control because of HER religion. The guard needs to be fired as well as sued.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

Why make another thread when one already exists? It's kind of redundant, just post in the other thread..

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country
    Boston Red Sox Philadelphia Eagles Boston Bruins
    See PizdecInc's Items on eBay

wow. the guard needs to get sued! It's not her/his place to say that the rape victim cant take the pill because its against his or hers religion. a complete butthat!

SCF Rewards
    Country

Why make another thread when one already exists? It's kind of redundant, just post in the other thread..

I didn't know there was another thread.....if the mods wish to delete this thread or combine them, I think that would be fine.

YOU DON'T have to make assumptions...

BANNED

Country
    See lindat32's Items on eBay

I didn't know there was another thread.....if the mods wish to delete this thread or combine them, I think that would be fine.

YOU DON'T have to make assumptions...

Boy, I hate doing another Thread dealing with this issue, but I feel the need to bring this story up to those that have not heard about it.

You knew there was another thread you said it right here in the 1st post.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You knew there was another thread you said it right here in the 1st post.

NO, the reason I said that was because I had already done a thread about abortion.....the Mississippi Thread.....thus I was excusing myself for making another thread dealing with the same issue (Abortion).

Why would I make a thread about the exact same story?

And like I said, if the mods read this....please go ahead and delete this thread or combine it to the first one.