Thread: Odom signs with Heat

Odom signs with Heat

The Clips couldn't match the offer sheet for Odom, so the Heat got him. This makes the 3rd player the Clips have lost in free agency thus far, the 1st 2 being Michael Olokandi and Andre Miller.

Decent move for the Heat because they got the star player they were looking for in Odom, but they also aquired the backage that comes with him(something that they will have to live with)

The Clippers and Donald Sterling never fail to amaze, do they?

1. they almost always participate in the lottery draft pick

And, it was just 2 years ago (2001-2002), that the Clippers barely missed the playoffs, and had the core of players to make the play-offs in 2002-2003.

So, what happens, Sterling refuses to renew contracts of all the Clippers who were going to be free agents.

So, what happened this past season?

The Clippers, who many thought would make the #8 spot for the play-offs, played selfishly, as most of the players were hoping to pad their stats. Clippers end last season totallly out of the play-offs

They lose Olowokandi, Odom (their best player), Andre Miller.

that's 3 of their 5 starters.

what a joke this franchise is.

But, at least Sterling makes a profit annually.....

lolol

Podstock-
    I've gotta disagree with you on this. Odom wasn't on the floor enough to make a difference with the Clips. I'm glad he's gone. And as far as being their best player, he wasn't even close. Elton Brand and Corey Maggette are the best and most consistent players on the Clippers roster. JMO

Elton Brand was the teams leading rebounder and scorer, and there best player. Odom has too many personal issues that affect his play on the court sometimes. He is a solid player though, i just dont think he gives his all each and every game. Injuries also continue to plaque him. If Odom was injury/personal issue free, then maybe he COULD be there best player, but Elton is there best player.

Not sure if Maggette was that guy either, he seemed to score some points in games, but that was about it. I think he signed with the Jazz this offseason anyway.

Originally posted by bergzautos

Not sure if Maggette was that guy either, he seemed to score some points in games, but that was about it. I think he signed with the Jazz this offseason anyway.
    The Clippers re-signed Maggette. They matched the offer sheet that the Jazz had on him.