Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast

Thread: I am BEYOND FURIOUS

See run*ronnie*run's Items on eBay

Angry I am BEYOND FURIOUS

Well, my first bad ebay experience has turned out to be a doozy. On November 19th I used BIN to purchase a 2005 Foundations Ronnie Brown RC AUTO redemption card for $60. When I used BIN I thought that the seller accepted paypal, but realized htey didn't when I tried to pay. I was out of town in Cleveland that weekend for hte Dolphins/Browns game (using my friend's laptop) so I emailed them and told them that when I got back home I would send the MO. Well I got back in town that monday and I admit it kind of slipped my mind since I was really busy at work. Then, that friday me and the same friend left to go to DC for the Skins/Chargers game...while gone, I realized I hadn't send the MO yet and I emailed the seller apologizing. I sent the payment on November 28th via priority mail w/ DC. They recieved it a couple days later, and then I never heard from them. I emailed and emailed and all I got back in response was "it will be mailed early next week". Well here it is, December 30th and I FINALLY recieve the card. Excited as hell to finally have the card, I pull it out of the envelope and realize htat the redemption code has already been scratched off. I didn't think much of it and went to the computer to redeem the code. When I put the code in at upperdeck.com, it tells me that THIS CODE HAS ALREADY BEEN REDEEMED! ™™™?!?!?! I filed a dispute with ebay and I'm just waiting for their response now. I have never been so furious in my life...there is a picture in the descriptio and you can clearly see that the code is not scratched off, and they describe the card as "redeemable for a nice autograph of ...ronnie brown". My blood is boiling, I'm so mad!!!
    Here is a link to the original descrpition:
    http://cgi.ebay.com/ws/eBayISAPI.dll...%3AUS%3A1&rd=1

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See tysingleton34's Items on eBay

Wow. That sucks. I hope you get your money back. I say people like that ought a get kicked off ebay for good.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See smoothjazz955's Items on eBay

wow what an idiot. i hate people like that. good luck with getting your money back.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I've had bad luck on ebay also. My only suggestion is to only pay using paypal. Im 2/2 with paypal giving me my money back on a blown ebay deal, one I got back $162 dollars so I never pay with MO or check, only paypal.

I generally only use paypal, it was just a bad move on my part not noticing that they didn't accept it. I'm so livid about this...heh...hopefully my ebay dispute will end up in me getting a refund. What a way to start the day...

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See dodger23's Items on eBay

Is there any possibility of trying to dispute with Upper Deck? You are the owner of the redemption card, after all, and someone else has used your code (technically). I know this is a long shot, but if it was late in the mail it may have been someone in the mail system tampering with your mail and redeeming it for themselves. You never know...

I used to collect custom guitar picks (from bands) and I heard of this all the time, where someone would write an artist asking for a custom pick, and when they receive their SASE back the envelope was sliced and empty. It must also happen with TTM autos, I would think. I'm not saying this is what happened, but it is a possibility, considering how easy it is to seal back some envelopes/bubble mailers.

Also, did he send with insurance? Maybe approaching it as an insurance claim is possible, I don't know the rules the post office has about that...

Good luck in finding a resolution!

No insurance was used...it was free shipping w/ buy it now. I will wait and see what happens w/ the ebay dispute before going to upper deck...I mean, I bought the card from someone else, I doubt they would do anything. Just the whole transaction and the person that I bought it from was awful. I don't doubt for a minute that they would have done this.

Naturally, the seller hasn't responded yet. What a bunch of crap.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Wow, that really sucks. I have a feeling, it may have been scratched though. Notice how only half the scratch off is shown?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bwacards11's Items on eBay

If all else fails, send in the scratched off redemption to Upper Deck. Maybe if they see that you are the owner of the redemption card they will send you something to make up.

Page 1 of 4 1234 LastLast