the NSL'd best safety didnt even make the pro bowl!

can someone tell me why the giants GIBRIL WILSON didnt make the pro bowl. this annoyed me as soon as i saw the roster but i just had time to make the thread now. take a look at gibrils numbers and the nfc safeties that made it over him

GIBRIL WILSON NYG -
    tackles: 112 TOTAL (90 solo ; 22 asisted)
    sacks: 3
    interceptions: 2
    forced fumbles 2

mike brown CHI -
    tackles: 72 TOTAL (63 solo ; 9 assisted)
    sacks: 1
    interceptions: 3
    forced fumbles: 1

darren sharper MIN -
    tackles: 51 TOTAL (41 solo ; 10 assisted)
    sacks: 0
    interceptions: 9
    forced fumbles: 0

roy williams DAL -
    tackles: 81 TOTAL (69 solo ; 12 asisted)
    sacks: 2.5
    intercpetions: 3
    forced fumbles: 3

someone explain this to me......gibril has mroe solo tackles then anyway else has total tackles, more sacks then anyone else, and second most forced fumbles. gibril is a FS so it is darren shaper that won at gibrils spot and look at their numbers. gibril more then doubled him in tackles, and while sharper had 9 picks...he did nothing else. 0 sacks and 0 forced fumbles. i tihnk gibril was robbed.....

james

Gibril is no where near the big time FS Darren Sharper is. Even though hes old, hes arguably the best in the NFL right now period. Sharper has 2 TDS from interceptions. They never used him blitzing. He actually should have 1 forced fumble,maybe wrong player got it?

Wow. as a fellow Giants fan, I had NO idea Wilson had that many tackles. but it makes sense, since he's everywhere. Sharper got it for the pure INTs. But really, Gibril hits so hard, that's his strength. I agree, he should be in the Pro Bowl. Maybe after he gets his name out there a little more.
    I didn't fill out a ballot, but there's a chance he wasn't even on there. Anyone know for sure?

If you look at the Giants d tho, besides USI and Michael, theres no one else applyign pressure or getting tackles. It obvious why he has a ton. Thats why Mike Brown and Sharper have less tackles. Both have defenses where theres multiple players with tons of tackles.

Antonio Pierce had himself a year. 100 tackles in 13 games. I'm not comparing Wilson to Sharper, because I know how good Sharper is, but I agree that Wilson might have gotten robbed this year.
    Also, the Vikings leading tackler was a CB. and he had 98 in 16 games.

I dont think Wilson is bad, but hes no where near Sharper level. Roy Williams was the least deserving. Just because hes from Dallas he made it.