Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Your house is on fire. Who would you rescue your wife or your mama?

The reason why I ask this is because christanity teaches that your wife should be held in a higher regard than your own mother. They use Genesis 2:24 as their justification. "Therefore shall a man leave his father and his mother, and shall cleave unto his wife: and they shall be one flesh." (That is also ironic since a lot of Christians disregard the OT but that is for another discussion) That is one of the things that I have a problem with. My moma gave birth to me and has been around for all 37 years of my life and prayerfully for many more. I only have one moma. Yes I love my wife but I can always get remarried. I cannot have another moma. I was just wonder what is the P&R board's view on this.
    Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content
    Hidden Content

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Bench (376)
    Country
    See AUTaxMan's Items on eBay

wife

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See spaz4's Items on eBay

I'm strong enough to lift both.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I also believe I could carry both, 95 lbs and 110 lbs. I find your comment I can always get remarried disturbing when you are adding your religious beliefs into the mix. By the way, if she survives you're toast.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I also believe I could carry both, 95 lbs and 110 lbs. I find your comment I can always get remarried disturbing when you are adding your religious beliefs into the mix. By the way, if she survives you're toast.

I wasn't trying to knock anyone's religious beliefs but it is what it is. There was once a study in the asian culture (I forgot the particular country) but it went something to the effect where if your mother, wife, and child were all drowning which one would you save. All of them chose their mother because as with your wife you could always remarry and with the kids you can always have more kids. Now chosing between my mother and kids would be tought but chosing my mother over my wife is a no brainer.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Cleveland Indians Pittsburgh Penguins Boise State Broncos
    Twitter: @DFWGrapher Instagram:

Who has the bigger life insurance policy?

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

My mom doesn't live with me so my wife would be the better bet.

Ultimately though, daughter.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See Star_Cards's Items on eBay

I'd say that I'd lean towards wife if I were married. There'd be way more important factors than being able to remarry. If you have children it would be more important that you save their mother than their grandmother in a typical family. One may also be way closer to their wife in their day to day life as well, not to mention the wife should play a much larger role in a man's life. Sure my mother is greatly important in my life, but I'd say that a wife would be a much bigger part of a man's life.

Plus, I'd bet that one's mom would rather her son save his wife than her in most circumstances, especially if you have children together.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    Rice Owls Washington State Cougars Western Kentucky Hilltoppers
    Twitter: @never on this See Unfairtr8drsgo2he11's Items on eBay LinkedIn Instagram: My traders on Flickr

neither--my wife is going to get out on her own because I will be saving my card collection.

SCF Rewards
    Country

neither--my wife is going to get out on her own because I will be saving my card collection.

CHURCH!!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast