Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See pantera04's Items on eBay

Fake Nolan Ryan Heroes autograph

I think its pretty obvious its not real or atleast not the one produce by Upper Deck because it doesn't have the diamond hologram on the back, like another bidder ask the seller. Crap, it doesn't even look like his autograph. I want to contact the bidder to let him know but I don't know if thats against ebay rules.

Here it is

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't think the seller is defrauding anyone... Its fine. He's not claiming its an authenticated autograph, it looks like (if its real) someone just got the card signed at a game or something.

See kingdwade3's Items on eBay

Yea,I think its real...he wouldn't frame it if it was fake and his feedback seems pretty good.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See mwurst8hgi's Items on eBay

I don't think it's real. I own several Ryan Auto's and they look nothing, not even close to that. And chances are he framed it to make people think what aram was thinking, it's real because it's framed.

See baseballguy601's Items on eBay

does anyone have a pic of a real nolan auto?

BTW- sorry i've been gone so long

glad I'm back

SCF Rewards
    Country

Yeah, I have the exact card in the auction, thats why I think its fake.

SCF Rewards
    Country

Sorry, double click.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See adunega's Items on eBay

That's definitely a fake, and the final auction price of $10.50 leads me to believe that most other people think it's a fake too because that's way too low for the real version of this card.

pantera04- That's a great card, I'm thinking about trying to find one, can you post a scan of the back of your card so I can see what the real one's hologram is supposed to look like? Thanks and happy new year to everybody!

SCF Rewards
    Country

I'm trying to collect all of them, I'm down to five, well six really because the Marino I bought has two creases I didn't see in the auction picture and I had to eat $46. The toughest one I have to get will be the Ted Williams one. I don't see on ebay much and usually sells between $400 to $500 or more.

I don't have a picture of the back of the card, but what you look for, or ask, is the diamond hologram which means its authentic from Upper Deck. As you can see in the auction, the Ryan card has the home plate hologram, on all of their 92 cards. Upper deck also states on the header cards for each Heroes set the diamond hologram is there to prove authenticity and to tell difference between the two. Also, with the 1992 Heroes Autograph football, the Payton and Marino autos must have the UDA number stamp on the back, the diamond hologram and always has the matching UDA number on Upper Decks COA. Thats about it, from what I know.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See adunega's Items on eBay

Thanks, that's very helpful and again great card!

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast