Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bbra9027's Items on eBay

Greek athlete removed from olympics for making racist comments on twitter

Drug and smoke free trading.

Hidden Content
    Hidden Content cardscomicsmoviesandgames
    Hidden Content darkdemon202404

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't believe that she made the comments because she was racist. I think that is was more as a bad taste joke. Would I banned her? Probably not.

SCF Rewards
    Country

I don't believe that she made the comments because she was racist. I think that is was more as a bad taste joke. Would I banned her? Probably not.

I would have got rid of her in a heart beat. They olympics is a forum to show the all the good in your country not to mention a money maker. Greece did not need the negative press and the potential backlash from letting this woman stay on the team.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

I am confused as to what is racist about that comment. I thought racism was when you made fun of someone, excluded someone or harrassed some because of their race. I don't see where what she said was doing anything like that or targeting anyone for ridicule.

I swear, it has gotten to the point that people are so patheticly thin-skinned that if they even remotely think that something might kinda, sorta, in a roundabout way be ever so slightly racist then they have a freakin epileptic spasm attack and freak out.

SCF Rewards
    Country

You know what really makes me mad is this

"Greek triple jumper Voula Papachristou was banished from the Olympic Games on Wednesday after making racist comments and expressing right-wing sentiments on Twitter."

What is right wing about
    “With so many Africans in Greece … at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food!!!,”

Are they saying that racism is right winged? Did she say something other then this that was right winged? Im confused.

SCF Rewards
    Blog Entries
    Country

You know what really makes me mad is this

"Greek triple jumper Voula Papachristou was banished from the Olympic Games on Wednesday after making racist comments and expressing right-wing sentiments on Twitter."

What is right wing about
    “With so many Africans in Greece … at least the West Nile mosquitos will eat homemade food!!!,”

Are they saying that racism is right winged? Did she say something other then this that was right winged? Im confused.

It's a liberal thing. Right-wing/conservative = Racists...Racist = Right-wing/conservative. It's part of that whole open-minded, non-judgemental, non-labeling thing that liberals like to claim about themselves, but it really isn't.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

if you can be anti gay for not liking the idea of gay marriage, pretty much anything goes.

it is crazy how the whole PC crap goes

SCF Rewards
    Country

I am confused as to what is racist about that comment. I thought racism was when you made fun of someone, excluded someone or harrassed some because of their race. I don't see where what she said was doing anything like that or targeting anyone for ridicule.

I swear, it has gotten to the point that people are so patheticly thin-skinned that if they even remotely think that something might kinda, sorta, in a roundabout way be ever so slightly racist then they have a freakin epileptic spasm attack and freak out.

Really Duane? Do we really need to go there? I remember a while back I made a comment about a black politician who was not acting in the best intrests of her community (I am black also incase anyone didn't know) that was no where near as bad as what this woman said and all the conservatives accused me of being a racist bigot. Now this woman comes out with racially insensitive tweets and you and all the other conservatives are ok with it. Don't be a hypocrite Duane.
    Last edited by mrveggieman; 07-25-2012 at 02:07 PM.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Quiet, Monday.
    (see what I did there? CALLBACK!)

Anyway, I do think you're right. What gets me is that a white guy will be beaten with a brick stick for using the N word or making racist comments, but any other race can scream honky cracker at the top of their lungs and it's no problem. It comes down mostly to white guilt, I guess, but it's really, really stupid. A lot of people need to get over themselves.

It's a liberal thing. Right-wing/conservative = Racists...Racist = Right-wing/conservative. It's part of that whole open-minded, non-judgemental, non-labeling thing that liberals like to claim about themselves, but it really isn't.

Do you consider yourself open-minded, non-judgmental and non-labeling? Or are you open about you closed-minded, judgmental labeling? This liberal agreed with you...until now...

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (205)
    Country
    See habsheaven's Items on eBay

I was about to comment on this then I decided to get the whole story first. The joke itself isn't racist. The problem is she re-tweeted comments and youtube videos from an extreme right wing (neo-nazi) party - Golden Dawn. So all you conservatives can calm down now and save your attack on the liberal media for later, when it may be warranted.

Page 1 of 5 1234 ... LastLast