Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See bodyelectricmethod's Items on eBay

no slam intended

the idea is why do we need bigger government? they have failed with medicare/medicade, they have failed with social securities and entitlements, they have failed at the budget and even taxation, but they should be able to pick the right food groups?

and liberals are all for bigger governement and government intervention

i wish my kids grades reflected all conservatives, but they don't.

the idea that the governement, who can't even get anything right up to now, is going to fix this just cracks me up.

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See duwal's Items on eBay

no slam intended

the idea is why do we need bigger government? they have failed with medicare/medicade, they have failed with social securities and entitlements, they have failed at the budget and even taxation, but they should be able to pick the right food groups?

the idea that the governement, who can't even get anything right up to now, is going to fix this just cracks me up.

you crack me up sometimes too. Political affiliation has nothing to do eating healthy or having a healthy, more productive lifestyle. If you think its just one side of the political party than sadly you just have your blinders on. Us conservatives have a big problem with kids and young adults being overweight and obese at the same ratio.

As a Republican I am all for the government showing the kids exactly what their options are as far as healthier options to live, I wish there was more of that when I was younger even though I didn't really need it with my high metabolism growing up but it still would have been nicer to have more people looking after the best interests of myself and my classmates

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

That's hard to believe when you say only (sorry, "maybe") liberal parents can't properly feed their kids., but I digress.

And they'll probably fail at this. But parents have already failed. Maybe you and some others have done a great job in this area, but the vast majority hasn't. This is a case of the many ruining it for the few. But you keep thinking it's the big bad liberals trying to run your life for the sake of running your life.

I consider myself liberal and I'm not in favour of big government. I'm in favour of a government that can do a good job and, the bigger the population, the bigger the government required. I doubt you'd find many liberals who are in favour of big government for the sake of big government. But hey, if you keep saying it, it might come true.

So their grades don't reflect all conservatives, but their eating habits do? The way you packed their lunch is indicative of how every conservative packs a lunch?

The idea that America's parents, who created the problem in the first place, are going to fix it is even more laughable.

So in the end we have a group who can't get anything right trying to fix a problem that a group who has gotten everything wrong thus far and you're trying to decide which of these groups can fix the problem?

SCF Rewards
    Country

wickabee, if i could count all the times you have attacked conservatives I would be counting for a long time, as well as with many of you, but say one thing about liberals and we should be sorry, I think not. anytime something is wrong and your first course of action is the government you are liberal.

what is strange if there is such a bad issue in america we have so many talented athletes and the best olympic team. there is no doubt an issue, but as always people pick and choose rather than jump in and get dirty, we should be arguing job creation, taxes, and the budget, but yet we press forward with gay marriage, gun control, and eating issues.

people on here who eat fresh fruits and vegetables know it is cheaper and easier to buy processed, but we don't. so is the fix giving people more money so they can afford better choices?

and to think lazy parents will be fixed by the government is laughable, this is the same group that gives more entitlements than ever.

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

wickabee, if i could count all the times you have attacked conservatives I would be counting for a long time, as well as with many of you, but say one thing about liberals and we should be sorry, I think not. anytime something is wrong and your first course of action is the government you are liberal.

Go ahead and count. I just hope your definition of "attack" isn't along the lines of your definition of "excuse".

[QUOTE=shrewsbury;11925891] what is strange if there is such a bad issue in america we have so many talented athletes and the best olympic team. there is no doubt an issue, but as always people pick and choose rather than jump in and get dirty, we should be arguing job creation, taxes, and the budget, but yet we press forward with gay marriage, gun control, and eating issues.[QUOTE=shrewsbury;11925891]
    I'll give you gay marriage, although, to pass off something you're against as "not being important enough right now" is tough to buy. If gay marriage were legal and your side was trying to repeal it, would it be "not important enough right now"? I don't want you to answer that as I know your answer will be the correct one for this situation ("Of course it would!") I want you to seriously think about that, and then remember it when they are trying to repeal it.

people on here who eat fresh fruits and vegetables know it is cheaper and easier to buy processed, but we don't. so is the fix giving people more money so they can afford better choices?

More money? We're talking about schools giving food directly to kids.

and to think lazy parents will be fixed by the government is laughable, this is the same group that gives more entitlements than ever.

Yup. This is also the same group that is up in arms about gay marriage and thinks paying $4.99 for a deep-fat fried piece of chicken supports free speech. So we agree neither group is going to fix it...who is?

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

Awesome example why the U.S is the most obese nation on this planet.

Good Job America, at least we're still #1 at something!

IMO , Food Stamps not School lunches are the problem w/ obeisity .

SCF Rewards
    Country
    See intimadator2007's Items on eBay

Why does a teacher or cafeteria worker have the right to take away a 4 yr. old girls lunch brought from home that the school deemed unhealty when it was more healthy than what the school gave her.http://www.theblaze.com/stories/n-c-...ealthy-enough/

Government out of control !

Blog Entries
    Transferred Feedback
    Beckett (66)
    Country

Why does a teacher or cafeteria worker have the right to take away a 4 yr. old girls lunch brought from home that the school deemed unhealty when it was more healthy than what the school gave her.http://www.theblaze.com/stories/n-c-...ealthy-enough/

Government out of control !

That is totally wrong and goes against the spirit of the law, if not the letter.

SCF Rewards
    Country

we are talking about less than 25% of meals eaten at schools, and how are the schools paying for this? I have no problems with this, but this will do nothing about the real issues of their parenting and home life.

SCF Rewards
    Transferred Feedback
    TCC (116)
    Country
    See centralfalc1616's Items on eBay

Man, I wish my high school served more fruits and veggies when I attended.

Page 3 of 6 FirstFirst 123456 LastLast