Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

need opinions on my small collection =]

I know it isn't too good. I just started collecting about a month ago(around christmas) and i managed to not spend too much money. I bought most of these from people on the site and i bought 1 box of bowman and a few packs from Osco here and there(the one near me has tons of packs), so i have a ton of rookies not listed and also some inserts. Also can u guys give me advice on what product is good to buy. thanks.

Thomas Jones 2000 Fleer Autographics Auto RC
    Kevin Dyson 2000 Fleer Autographics Auto
    Jake Reed 2000 Fleer Autographics Auto
    Justin Gage 2003 Bowmans Best Auto RC
    Craig Bragg 2005 Bowman Signs of the Future Auto RC
    Bernard Berrian 2005 SPX RC/Auto/Jsy #/1499

Game Used(GU) or Event Used(EU)
    Santana Moss 2003 Donruss Classics Dress Code GU(2 color -white + green w/ stitching) #/550
    A.Johnson/S.Moss 2004 Playoff Prestige League Leaders GU #/250 (both white)
    Lee Evans 2004 UD Rookie Futures Jersey EU
    Roddy White 2005 Bowman Fabric of the Future EU
    R.Moats/M.Clarett 2005 Throwback Threads Throwback Collection EU #/150 (Orange/Green)
    Drew Brees 2005 UD Fabric Reflections GU
    Mark Bradley 2005 UD Future Fabric Reflections EU

2. SCC - Feb 2018
    You really have a good start. I especially like that SPx Berrian lol. I think a good rule of thumb is to find a theme for your collection, and to stick with it. So many posters on here collect only game-used and autographed cards, it makes it pretty easy to pick up nice rookies. A lot of collectors don't bother with rookie cards or base anymore, but I say go for it! Pick a team or a player, and see what you can get.

Personally I don't like dealing with collectors that only go after whichever players are currently hot. Whats the point of doing that? If someone has a sig that says something like "Collecting Big Ben, Vick, Favre, Tomlinson, Larry Johnson and Cadillac GU/Autos", it's pretty obvious that they are only in this for the money and card value, not for the enjoyment. Heck, pick some obscure player and only collect his cards. For example, I currently have a nice collection of Tim Dwight, Robert Ferguson and Nick Collins cards. In the past, I collected J.T. O'Sullivan, Bubba Franks and Glyn Milburn. There isn't a high-dollar player among any of those, but it's fun to try to get the obscure guys. Don't limit yourself to only collecting what everyone else is going after. You'll just get frustrated, and only have an empty wallet to show for all your trouble.

I like the berrian too....But isnt his rookie year 2004? :icon_bigg

Hey man, nice start. I see you were the one you got my Jake Reed auto huh? If your trading it, shoot me a pm. I want it.

Nice cards! The Clarett card is a keeper not because of the book value, but because of his bizzare story! :)

thanks for the feedback everyone.

craigerman - i'm basically going after bears cards so thats basically the theme of my collection.

Midget - um i think he's a rookie this year.(edit: nvm think youre right =P)

vikingfan101 - i might trade it. i'll let you know =]

commando - LOL

Thats a nice collection to start with,alot better than what I have so far(I only have 3 GU cards,but I do have quite a few mote GUs/Autos coming in the mail).

I was also planning on buying a box,anybody have any reccomendations.

guys, guys, guys, that is where everyone makes the mistake is buying boxes. I was actually there one time myself. the best way to start a nice collection is going on Ebay and buying you some autos of your favorite team or player. You can go on Ebay and sometimes buy 3 or 4 autos of your player or team for what you would pay for a box that you do not get nothing out of. Rather than going and paying $80 a box I'll buy a couple of Peyton Manning autos, or even buy a Joe Montana auto or something like that. I've been doing this for about 2 years now and have accumulated 14 different Peyton Manning autos and 2 incoming. I actually started this before he got really hot and sold a few when he was hot to make some extra cash. From time to time you can actually find some really good buys on sites as well. I hopwe this helps best of luck guys. Please PM if you'd like some more advice. Have a nice weekend.

but for the pack ripper in all of us, ebay just doesnt cut it.
    Magglio Ordonez 665/4851 13.7%
    AJ Guyton 75/87 85% plus 5 1/1's
    Hidden Content

Quote Originally Posted by tutall
    but for the pack ripper in all of us, ebay just doesnt cut it.
    I agree: to build up you PC, use eBay.

But to satisfy that gambling-like fix and the twitch that sometimes accompanies it, you need to bust the occasional box or pack.

BTW: Nice collection you've build so far. I like the Clarrett.

Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast